"movies" in the same folder and local nfo?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jriker1, October 11, 2017.

1. jriker1

jriker1 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, these are tv episodes but would think they wouldn't matter. They are still video.

So I have a folder called

c:\tvshows

Under TV Shows have

Orville

In Orville have

folder.jpg

When highlight Orville it shows the folder.jpg

Going into Orville I have

Season 1

in Season 1 have

folder.jpg

That shows on the right side as well.

In that folder I have

folder.jpg
    Orville - S01E01 - S01E01.mkv
    Orville - S01E01 - S01E01.nfo
    Orville - S01E01 - S01E01.tbn
    Orville - S01E02 - S01E02.mkv
    Orville - S01E02 - S01E02.nfo
    Orville - S01E02 - S01E02.tbn
    Orville - S01E03 - S01E03.mkv
    Orville - S01E03 - S01E03.nfo
    Orville - S01E03 - S01E03.tbn
    Orville - S01E04 - S01E04.mkv
    Orville - S01E04 - S01E04.nfo
    Orville - S01E04 - S01E04.tbn

Folder.jpg doesn't show in this case. When I highlight each mkv file it shows a generated thumbnail (have thumbs off), for each movie. Doesn't use the tbn file and there is no metadata shows from the nfo. Also unlike the movies, when I click on the MKV they play right away. I have tried Every movie in it's own folder checked and unchecked no different.

Any thoughts how to show each individual show thumb when you highlight the named movie, and also how to get the metadata from the nfo to show as well?

EDIT: Looks like the tbn files are being used just smooshed because they are from a wide screen image and the skin is expecting a CD cover size page that is more vertical height than horizontal, but no nfo data showing.

EDIT2: Is it possible that TinyMediaManager doesn't create MP1 compliant nfo files? I stuck one of their movie files in place of the tv nfo files and it displayed. But the nfo files that TinyMediaManager creates never display in the interface.

Thanks.

JR

Last edited: October 11, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!