Movies management (file system side) (1 Viewer)

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello,

I would like to perform a few operations on my file system structure according to MovPic database.
    For instance...
    - I would like to rename all known file by the movie title.
    - I would like to sort the duplicate movie and have the ability to delete one file or the other (depending on a file by file choice).
    - I would like to sort the unknown movie files in a separate folder to have the ability to rename the files quickly.

Is it possible to perform those actions from the MovPic interface or any other way?

Thanks for all, have a nice day :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside MovPic config you can use the rename system to make your filenames all nice and pretty based on the info from MovPic. The way it is renamed can be controlled via the advanced settings, for example you could do ${movie.title} with ${movie.year) for human readability, but also add in ${movie.imdbid) to ensure a perfect reimport match. Of course you can also use the 3rd party MovPicNFO tool to generate XBMC NFO files that allow for an offline reimport.

All of this is explained in wiki and forum already, so I suggest you read up first and make sure it is all that you want to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom