Movies Not Found (1 Viewer)

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having a recurring issue that is quite annoying. On some occassions when I add a new movie to the directory scanned by Mediaportal, when I manually force an update the movie isn't found at all. The Moving Pictures configuration doesn't show the movie in the list of unmatched films. In order to get Moving Pictures to see the film, I have to close the configuration window in Mediaportal settings, move the movie to a different folder, open the configuration window again and scan for new movies. Finally, I have to copy the film back to the original folder, and then re-run a Moving Pictures scan. At this point, the movie will show up and be automatically added. For some reason, certain movies simply aren't showing up and this is the only way I've been able to add them. Any idea what's going on?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Without further information it sounds to me like maybe a file locking issue. Moving Pictures by design will not import a movie that has a write lock on it. The intention is to wait for a file to be completely copied to a watch folder before it is imported. Maybe your DVD ripping app (or whatever you are using) is maintaining a lock? I could probably help you further if you provided debug log files from when a file is being stubborn to import as you are describing.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
It may be uTorrent, because the most recent movie was currently being seeded and therefore cannot be modified or moved as it is locked by uTorrent.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Sounds right and you are not the first to report this issue while using uTorrent. I will look at maybe adding a time out to work around stuff like this because liek I said you're not the only one. It is really kind of a bug in uTorrent though. :(

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
BTW, imports seem to work fine in My-TVSeries even when the shows are being seeded by uTorrent. Maybe you can contact the developer of My-TVSeries to see how s/he resolved the issue.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
We do the delayed processing check to ensure multipart movies are handled properly. TV Episodes are never split into multiple parts so this delay is not necessary for TV Shows. They simply omit this check.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
Would it be possible to manually disable this option? All of my movies are a single MKV file.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Sorry not at the moment. I will add a configuration option in the next version though.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
Thanks, that would definitely be helpful. :D

DeadllHead

Portal Member
November 8, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having the same problem but I have a separate folder for utorrent downloads. Once the file has been downloaded I copy the file and move it so another watched folder. It rarely finds movies straight away, I usually have to manual search but often it still can see them. Can be hours before movies appear. The built in MP video folder seems them instantly. Same as jasonwc says MP TV series works perfectly and adds files very quickly...
Despite my issue it's a great Plugin and I appreciate all the hard work you put in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom