Movies show up twice. (1 Viewer)

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I fired up MediaPortal this evening and almost all of my movies now showed up twice. Went into Moving Pictures from the configurator and sure enough, it showed a lot of my collection listed twice. What would I have to delete to start over again. Probably will be faster to re-scan all of my movies instead of individually deleting the dupes.

I also tried installing the Aeon Wide skin over the weekend (currently using the StreamedMP skin). When Aeon started, I did not see any of my movies listed in the UI. Is there some kind of configuration that I need to make so that they display? I shouldn't have had to rescan again should I?

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    there's a thread a little bit down in which i describe a similar problem.
    did you just move everything into a new folder or a different place in the hard drive? because i have found that creates a duplicate entry

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    Thanks. Don't know how I missed that thread.

I hadn't moved files, but they are on a network drive instead of local to the HTPC.

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    Just checked the boxes this morning.

From the UI, I thought only removable drives would only need to have the box checked. I'll run it today and see if that fixes it.

Thanks.

Anyone have any suggestions on the Aeon skin? It almost looks like it is using the default database and not the Moving Pictures db (or are they the same). Missing a setting somewhere perhaps?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    when its not marked as removable drive MovPic will delete nonexisting movies. So if your network mapping is unavailable, it will start removing movies from the DB, when the network drive is accessible again, it wil start adding. This will be adjusted in an upcoming release. Mov Pic wil autodetect wehter the connection is available or not, based on basefolders.
    So if you have a watched folder H:\Movies\ and even H:\ is not available, it will not delete the movies in the DB.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    Just checked the boxes this morning.

From the UI, I thought only removable drives would only need to have the box checked. I'll run it today and see if that fixes it.

Thanks.

Network drives are removable storage

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Like marvenius explained for the upcoming version of Moving Pictures the removable checkbox will be obsolete as the plugin will detect if sources are removable or not. Duplicating or removing movies in the manager will not happen anymore (i'm 99% sure about this.. ;) ).

Also a good practise would be to map a network share to a local drive letter to maximize this new protection/detection. Not doing so would also be supported (and safe) but if you map it then some extra information would be available to the importer which would increase the protection/detection.

Overall there have been a lot of improvements made to the importer for what will be 0.7.0 (upcoming version).

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    That seems to have fixed it.

I have my network drives mapped, set the importer to use the mapped drive, checked the checkboxes for removable drive, and it all seems to be stable now. No more duplicate entries.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom