Moving Files

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by carmenm, August 20, 2009.

1. carmenm

carmenm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    HI,

I faced a problem yesterday and i am not sure if it is a bug or not.
    On my file server i had to change the name of a mapped drive from movies to movies2. The i relaunched MovingPictures and saddly i had lost everything on Movies. Moving Pictures then rescanned about 300 movies which wasnt so bd in fact. The problem is that i lost all my watch flags!

So my question is "is moving files supposed to be supported?"
    If not i ll had a feature request on the project.

But if it is not it really should be in for 0.8

And if it is already supported do you have any idea on what might have happened.
    I can reproduce it everytime, and the saddest thing is that i quickly tried to remap movies3 to movies but it was too late, everything was lost.
    Couldnt we have a time (like 7 days) where a missing item stays hidden in the database, and after 7 days -> delete.
    That way it would help during NAS maintenance or hard drive problems.

What do you think?
    :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jonaskp

jonaskp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I think that there is already a request on the Google Code page for this. As far as I remember it is scheduled for the next release, but it may have been pushed back.

I think this is a Must-Have feature also.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!