Moving on from Meedio / have Media Portal suggestion (1 Viewer)

jms969

Portal Member
May 12, 2006
I was using the free version of Meedio for my music server and chose to use it over Media Portal because of the built in Bass audio engine and the ease of supporting .flac

Media Portal looks great and will certainly be on my list of potential Meedio replacements.

My only suggestion would be to embed Bass in the product (I would be willing to pay for it)...

Just a suggestion :D

PS. I am not affiliated with Bass, Meedio (or I guess now Yahoo), Media Portal, etc... Just a HTPC user looking for the right software.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Please give us more information on this BASS audio engine... (web sites, links to meedio's plugin) Anything we could get our hands on to make this possible.

jms969

Portal Member
    May 12, 2006
    Here ya go...

http://www.un4seen.com/

(It is actually not a meedio plug in but the default audio engine, it is very easy to use and support a wide range of codecs)

I have to say again, I am not affiliated with these guys at all, just love the ease of the audio engine... Thanks

BASS is an audio library for use in Windows and Mac OSX software. Its purpose is to provide developers with the most powerful and efficient (yet easy to use), sample, stream (MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, AIFF, custom generated, and more via add-ons), MOD music (XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX), MO3 music (MP3/OGG compressed MODs), and recording functions. All in a tiny DLL, under 100KB* in size.

On Windows, BASS requires DirectX 3 or above for output, and takes advantage of DirectSound and DirectSound3D hardware accelerated drivers, when available. On OSX, BASS uses CoreAudio for output, and OSX 10.3 or above is recommended. Both PowerPC and Intel Macs are supported.

C/C++, Delphi, Visual Basic and MASM APIs are provided, with several examples to get you started. Other APIs are also available.

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    indeed I would prefer BASS than WM9 or WinAmp (but have the ability to run visualisations)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    ah yes - great library and real multi-platform too (many games for pocketpc use it)

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    From BASS homepage:

"The BASS library is free for non-money making use. If you are not charging for the software and it has no other commercial purpose (eg. advertising/promotion), then you can use BASS in it for free."

So it is free if it is used for no commercial purpose... MP is not commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom