Moving on from Meedio / have Media Portal suggestion (1 Viewer)

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
just this little knife close to you throat. Nothing to worry about.

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Sorry for the lack of update--work life has been crazy as usual. Anyway, I've been working with BASS using a test application and have made some good progress. I'm currently working on visualization support. Keep in mind that regardless of *when* I'm done, nothing will happen until *after* 0.20 final is released.

Steve

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    A note to the BASS enginge (or perhaps Meedio?)
    Been playing arround with Meedio+BASS yesterday and found out that unsing this setup my external DA converter, that displays the actual sampling frequency, showed 48 kHz wehn playing 44,1 KHz sound files - that's really bad for someone who does not want the audio to be resampled that way and wants HQ (unchanged) audio out. So in this way Meedio+BASS is completely useless to me. Not sure if BASS is the cause or Meedio but maybe BASS does some internal resampling (what would really be yuk).

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    When initializing the BASS engine, one of the parameters is the output sample rate. It's quite likely that for whatever reason, Meedio was initializing BASS using a sample rate of 48K.

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just a question out of curiosity:
    If I would have audio files with different sample rates in a folder and would like to play it with a future MP+Bass would the files with different sample rates then all play with their corret sample rate? (eg. 48KHz / 32Khz / 44,1KHz) I've got a portable DAT recorder that can record with differnet sample rates...

For an audiophile stanpoint of view this is very important. It should also be possible to get the audio signal out to an external DA converter unmanipulated (possible to deactivate all post processing volume, bass, eq...) something like a direct output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom