Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Yes -= by Closed I meant Fixed/Completed.

Random Question - I have ripped "The Blue Planet" BBC Documentary. It is on 2 DVDs. Ho can I manage this in Moving Pictures? In MyMovies I have got both folders under one entry and I'm given the option to chose which disk I want to use.

How does this work in Moving Pictures?

EDIT: Also - can you manually re-name films in moving Pictures? e.g. I want the three Indiana Jones films to be next to each other, however two are named "Indiana Jones and the..." but the first film is actually "Raiders of the Lost Arc" (not "Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost Arc").

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    * For now It will play part1 then part2, if they are stored in the DB under the same movie name. Later I guess we will get the option to play either cd1 or cd2.

* You have a "Name" field and a "sort by" field. So you can have it display "raiders of the lost arc" and sort by "indiana jones 1"

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can't wait either. I had a bunch of movies added since movie-xml went down, so I'm eager to get those into Moving Pictures as well.

THink FForde is sleeping though, it's pretty early over there right now...

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's nearly 11:00 h in Boston, so fforde better be awake by now :D

There is movement in the code, so something is happening....
    Probably an update later tonight (early afternoon for fforde?) otherwise I will sleep very short and will check it out first thing tomorrow morning...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah it's 10am here. And no it will not be early afternoon, sorry. I have a real job too, so that means I wont be working on Moving Pictures until about 5pm here. At that point I will start cranking away at the final issues for the release. It will probably not be until late tonight it gets out the door, i.e. 11-12pm CST. And just a warning. If a critical or high priority issue on the to do list is not finished I will push the release back as long as is necessary. I don't think this will happen, but I also don't want to create false expectations. There is still a fair amount of stuff that needs to get done.

And yes, IFO support is in, although I warn you, it's had pretty limited testing. Armand actually did some work on ISO support as well, but I think there are still a few bugs with handshaking between Moving Pictures and MediaPortal, which is why the issue is still open. We will try to look at it before release tonight, but first priority is going to be the importer stuff, so it may slip.

Here is the issue list for this release, for those curious what will be included.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Random Question - I have ripped "The Blue Planet" BBC Documentary. It is on 2 DVDs. Ho can I manage this in Moving Pictures? In MyMovies I have got both folders under one entry and I'm given the option to chose which disk I want to use.

How does this work in Moving Pictures?

EDIT: Also - can you manually re-name films in moving Pictures? e.g. I want the three Indiana Jones films to be next to each other, however two are named "Indiana Jones and the..." but the first film is actually "Raiders of the Lost Arc" (not "Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost Arc").

The Blue Planet is in fact a TV Series and you *should* use the TV-Series plugin for that. :p

You can manually re-name films in Moving Pictures. For example, I have Kill Bill volumes 1 & 2 cut together as one film (fanedit) and it's called Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair. Just click the "Movie Manager" tab, browse to your film and edit the "Title" or "Sort by" field to your liking.

Emph

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    The Blue Planet is in fact a TV Series and you *should* use the TV-Series plugin for that. :p

hah! Well i ripped it from my DVD, and it ripped as two 1hr30 min "films". I guess I could re-rip it as chapters/episodes and put it into TV-Series.

Maybe.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ISO support would be super! can't wait!

Well over 200 main-movie-only iso's ... that's all I got. I'd like to adapt this to my 800x600 skin (in development), but can't test it till it can see my movies.

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom