Moving Pictures 1.0 Beta - Crashing MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
Hi all.

I know we're supposed to use the bug tracker though I think this might be more of a personal conflict rather than a bug so I decided to create a thread.

I'm running MediaPortal 1.1, with the latest SVN applied (24281). I installed the Moving Picture 1.0 beta plugin, without removing the 0.75 plugin first. If I opened the plugin configuration, it would crash MediaPortal, if I open MediaPortal, it would crash MediaPortal. I removed it completely, reinstalled, same issue.

I removed it completely, rolled back to 0.75, and the issue has gone, no more crashes.

The only unusual thing about my install is that my database and thumbs folder are on a separate drive E:\MediaPortal\database and E:\MediaPortal\thumbs and is mapped accordingly in mediaportaldirs.xml. This setup works fine on 0.75 so I'm not sure if this is the cause.

Any ideas?

Oh and just a note - my config was crashing when I restored 0.75 so I had to restore the database that was backed up before the 1.0 plugin made any changes.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you post debug log files from any time it crashed when you had 1.0 installed? It definitely sounds like something is up, but without log files there is little we can do to help.

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
Thanks - it seems the database upgrade went wrong as I tried it again after restoring everything and it seems to be ok (1.0, with a database that I was using for 0.75).

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom