Moving Pictures 1.1 Stable + Follw.it Website Support (2 Viewers)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures 1.1.4 Stable

Moving Pictures is a movie management plug-in for the MediaPortal HTPC application that focuses on both versatility and ease of use. Moving Pictures does it's best to load your movie collection as quickly as possible with very little user interaction and it then provides an easy to use but highly customizable interface to browse your movie collection.

Moving Pictures now optionally integrates with the follw.it website (formerly Moving Pictures Social). follw.it is an opt in service that is all about the social aspects of watching movies. You can follow what your friends are watching, share with people what you have been seeing lately, get recommendation about movies you may enjoy, and more.

Download [1.1.4 Stable]
Download [1.2.2 Beta]
Change Log

Donate to Help Support Continued Development

Wiki / User's Guide
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

Major Changes
[imglink]http://trac.follw.it/chrome/site/logo-small.png[/imglink] Support
Perhaps our biggest new feature is the follw.it website itself. Many of you have probably heard us mention Moving Pictures Social a few times and some of you may have even participated in our Double Secret Beta. Well today we are officially rebranding the site as follw.it and launching it, open to the public.

If you ever find yourself wanting to share with a friend a list of your movies, or if you ever want to find out what your friends have seen lately, then this website is for you. Follw.it is all about the social aspect of watching movies and it is designed to help you connect with your friends and family about the movies you love. If you'd like more information jump over to our site or create an account inside the Moving Pictures configuration panel.

This has really been a labor of love and we have spent a lot of time on the site over the last year or so. It is still and probably always will be a work in progress but we would love to hear your feedback. So please feel free to post comments or questions in this thread. If you would like to report a bug or make an enhancement request, please check out our follw.it bug tracker (login with your follw.it account).

Movie Renaming
Moving Pictures now gives you the ability to automatically rename your video files based on information stored in the database. This functionality is still new and because it directly modifies your video files please use this feature with caution. All changes by the plugin are however reversible and every change must be approved by you before it is applied.

To access this functionality please check the toolbar buttons in the Movie Manager on the configuration panel.

Minor Filtering and UI Enhancements
We have added a few enhancements to allow you to configure Moving Pictures more to your liking. You can now specify a default filter to apply on launch and you can set what view you want to use on a category by category basis. In other words, if you want to always use the filmstrip view in the Unwatched Movies category, but List View in the All Movies category, you can now configure these settings in the configuration panel.

Watched Flag and Ratings Synchronization
Using the follw.it website, Moving Pictures can now automatically synchronize information about what you have watched and rated between all of your HTPCs running Moving Pictures. Additional synchronization support is also planned for the future.

Contributors
As always, our list of contributors continues to grow. ZealotSix has taken the lead on the follw.it project and the site simply would not exist if it were not for him. We have also received tremendous help from inker, as well as gshipley and benfalk. Armandp remains an incredibly valuable member of the development team. The rename feature is also largely based on OnkelDagoberts code contributions. I am sure I am probably missing someone, and for that I apologize (yell at me on IRC, I will fix!)

Thank you also to the numerous people that have invested their time in translations, new and updated scraper scripts and testing. Many of you frequent the IRC channel, some do not. In any case, thank you all for your invaluable help, the plugin wouldn't be half of what it is without support from them.

And finally thank you to the community as a whole. The Moving Pictures plugin has been received very well in the MediaPortal community. Thank you all for this.

Bug Reports
Please do not post bugs in this thread. If you have a bug report, please read this thread on how we track bugs, and then head on over to the Issue Tracker.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Quick update, we just made some server side improvements to the synchronization logic for follw.it reducing the processing time by nearly a factor of ten. Once connected to follw.it you shouldn't have to run a full synchronization ever again so this will only affect those setting up a second HTPC or new users. But if anyone found the sync time a bit lengthy before, it should go much much faster from now on.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Sorry Mikeyy, I missed your post. And yes the issue tracker is the best way to submit stuff like this. Thanks for the translation file though! We will get it included in the next release. If you have anything additional to add, feel free to post over here.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry about me being very impatient.

I user follw.it for moving pictures now for a while and it is just awesome!
    I have two clients and they both keep in sync, so now I'm spoiled, please can you tell me what the status is of the TV Series support?

Keep up the great work!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Support for TV is coming very soon for follw.it. We have been actively working on this functionality over the last few weeks and we are nearing release. Stay tuned. ;)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    TV Show support is now rolling out. See here for more details.

woo73

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.1 Stable + Follw.it Website Support

Hi,

when adding a dynamic menu item for "actors" I get only actors that are listed in more than one movies. In the result are no actors that are listed in only one movie.
    I tried to find a hint in the documetation if it is intened to work in this way.

I am using MePo 1.2

Thanks for help.

woo73

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.1 Stable + Follw.it Website Support

Hi,

when adding a dynamic menu item for "actors" I get only actors that are listed in more than one movies. In the result are no actors that are listed in only one movie.
    I tried to find a hint in the documetation if it is intened to work in this way.

I am using MePo 1.2

Thanks for help.

woo73
    This is by design, but you can change the limit under Advanced Settings (button on the bottom right of the About tab). The setting is called "Dynamic Actor Category Limit".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom