Moving Pictures 1.5.1.1487 Import issues (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am running MP 1.5PR
    I have installed the Moving pictures for the first time and did a scan.

Some movies appear to need almost exacting names to match even if most if not all have IMBD tt numbers
    I am using the (!) to show where Moving Pictures is asking for my input
    Seal team six the raid on osama bin laden was found as (!) Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden
    I have a number of Bugs Bunny Movies that it wants help with (!)
    A Muppet Family Christmas (!)
    A Charlie Brown Christmas (!)
    Numerous other christmas movies

Grand Prix DVD1 and DVD2 came up as Flying Leathernecks (just above these 2 is Flying Leathernecks [tt0043547]
    PT109 [tt0057393] (!) Genevieve - The tt number is valid on IMBD
    The Many Adventures of Winny the Pooh [tt0076363] it did not find a match
    I have looked thru all 400+ movies to make sure no Kid movies were atacthed to something like Zero Dark 30.

Also, torward the end of the 2nd part of the scan i got a popup error that had to do with .net framework (included in attachment)
    If there are any other logs or info you need, please let me know.
    This is one of the Add-ons I am hoping to use in the new server/client machine I am building

Attachments

• Moving Pictures Log files.zip
      76.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can add the IMDb tt-ID to the filename and/or NFO file, etc and it will skip trying to 'search' for the movie. If you are still not getting the results you are after, you might want to consider switching to another data source provided.

TMDb is one option, or you can try the IMDb+ plugin. The IMDb+ plugin is not just a scraper-script for Moving-Pictures, but also a plugin that allows you to configure the scraper-script the way you prefer and auto-updates it anytime IMDb.com website makes breaking changes (after I first fix them and release a new script, usually within minutes of being notified). Use the icon in my signature to know more. To install it simply use the "MediaPortal Extension Installer" shortcut on your desktop.

Regarding the crash/error you got, those are actually fixed in a Moving-Pictures patch that unfortunatly has not made it yet to a new official release. If you are not afraid of running a test-version, then I have v1.5.2.1528 available at the IMDb+ download section. Hopefully soon a new MPEI will be released that will take care of everything, but real-life tends to interfere with developers, so you will have to be patient.

Regarding client/server, be aware of caveats, SQLite is the underlying engine and the SQL code in use is not multi-user optimized and can cause problems. The ideal way is to setup a master-server and copy the databases one way to the clients. There are 3rd party plugins that can do this for you, MPSync off the top of my head, and be sure to read up well on it. I know @Lyfesaver74 runs a setup you desire, so he might be able to give you direct pointers (as will/can many other MePo users).

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    99 if not 100% of my movies are labeled with the IMBD tt# so why the scan did not find them is beyond my knowledge. On that same note, even with the tt#'s I do not understand why a lot if not most of these used themoviedb.org. Confusing....

As for the SQL option. I am using the full blown SQL database because I also have a web server that I use for my music. Been using it for many years and so far have not have an issue getting MP to use it. because I use the real version of MYSQL, I have had no issues with curruption of the database while using a share for all MP configurations and info.
    On that same note, I have seen the work currently going on with the new SQL and do not understand why the move in that direction while so many users have currupt database issues in a multi-client env.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb.com makes constant changes to their website. If you take a look at the changelogs I maintain for IMDb+ it is pretty much a nightmare. Everything still works for IMDb+, but perhaps the default imdb scraper broke down again from a recent 'update'.

Once a movie gets imported with a scraper-script a permanent link is created, so that any refresh of movie data is done by that one. For this reason there is the "Force IMDb+" option inside the IMDb+ plugin, so you can ensure that all movies use IMDb.com for their info (provided they have an IMDb tt-ID reference).

If you indeed adjusted everything to use MySQL or MS-SQL, then you have a robust multi-user compatible setup. SQLite while easier to program for is not as robust. It can still be perfect for multi-user usage, but it has to be properly coded, every 'write' query needs to be anticipating that the data might be locked by another client, and such security checks are not in place, causing data to then corrupt. The workarounds currently in use via 3rd party plugins work well though, and MediaPortal2 was (re)written with multi-user in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom