moving pictures and my tv series do not show visual in 1.3 home GUI (1 Viewer)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    are you sure @JimCatMP ? for me the "hover_tv series" and "hover_my videos" will be used as background in basichome if i select "moving pictures" or "TV series" but not in classichome or plugins view. I think there is a difference between clasic- and basic-home background handling but i only got a basic MP 1.3.0 installation at my company laptop available right now. anymay...maybe thats just a bug inside the clasichome??

titan_background3.png titan_background4.png

Last edited:

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I only used Titan on MP 1.3.
    With Basic Home I do have the backgrounds changing.. annoying thing is I have big buttons and also Music, Radio and Pictures banners even when I have these plugins disabled in the config settings..

Not tested that, but I'm sure I've seen something in forum that says they are displayed even if plugin not enabled (or I dreamt it - my age perfectly possible).

Can't tinker efficiently now, will have a play when I get home and look at forums.

Just finished my former reply and saw your reply.. I will just do that then.. Choose my own background picture and see how that is working. I do prefer not to use the Basic Home settings and use classic home screen!

Magic - good way to go and so easy - create a directory in Themes, copy the theme.xml from "blue background" into it, create Media dir in our Theme & update config, pointing skin at Theme. Then you just drop xlm files into your Themes directory, pictures [obviously you have to use 100% same name convention and would recommend same size] into the Theme/media and you have your own version;-) Really excellent thing is if it breaks MePo you just remove/rename file in Themes, problem gone - ideal for playing.

Enjoy - JCMP.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Last edited:

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works like a charm! Thanks a lot JCMP... I am a happy camper![DOUBLEPOST=1364397659][/DOUBLEPOST]
    works like a charm!.JPG

:) Thanks to all of you for listening! Peace out!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Your most welcome.

Don't know who the two blokes in the picture are, but looks like the really take bug hunting to new levels:)

TTFN - JCMP

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your most welcome.

Don't know who the two blokes in the picture are, but looks like the really take bug hunting to new levels:)

TTFN - JCMP

Lead characters from the Breaking Bad series.. 9.4 rating on IMDB and one of the most amazing series ever!
    Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom