Moving Pictures Config goes minimized and not accesible (1 Viewer)

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
Hi, when starting moving pictures configuration it starts normally with the first progress bar, but when it starts reading disks it goes minimized and I am not able to open the full window., even if I click on the task bar. I tried reinstalling but same problem. any idea?
ver 1.8.1

thanks in advance
Mario

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Get rid of 'Q:\cinema2\The.Big.Short.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-RARBG\RARBG.com.mp4'

And if you do not care for samples, you should delete all of them as well to prevent them from being "detected & ignored" each time.

Your call, but it adds like a 10+ second delay each time when I look at the timestamps. Same with your scraper-scripts, if you do not rely much on FilmAffinity, but more on IMDb+ then consider adjusting priorities to put IMDb+ at the top. Granted with imdb.es being killed off by Amazon you probably still want the benefits from FA-scraper.

Other then that I do not see anything indicating it "crashed to desktop", so try going through some basic steps.

1) There are some errors regarding MediaInfo.DLL in the log file, either the files in question are corrupted and you should fix them, or IMDb+ was unable to update MediaInfo.DLL automatic for you, or you have multiple versions installed as registry linked versions can cause a conflict.

2) Verify launching Moving-Pictures config from inside MediaPortal config, or try an alternative 'desktop shortcut' approach such as:

start "MovingPictures Config" "%ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" /plugin="%ProgramFiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\MovingPictures.dll"

or for 64-bit Windows versions:

start "MovingPictures Config" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\PluginConfigLoader.exe" /plugin="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\MovingPictures.dll"

(you can just copy-n-paste those full lines and execute them as-is by right clicking Windows 10 start menu icon and using "Run" option, or whatever the equivalent is for your version)

3) Rename your movingpictures.db3 database, so that you can launch Moving-Pictures config with a clean new database to see if you can narrow down what is causing the problem. You might try to import say 10 movies from some small folder/drive, and if that stays functional either do a mass import, or keep importing/adding a section of say 100 movies each time, and make backups of the DB3 database each time, so that if you encounter a movie that is somehow causing the crash you can identify it.

4) Find a way to live with the bug :)

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    finally it seems some kind of corruption in the database.Rebuilt from security copy... some time adding new movies from last copy but workng now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom