Moving Pictures crashes after updating (1 Viewer)

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
Hello I've just updated MP to 1.2.2 and moving pictures to 1.2.3. After that when I enter moving pictures configuration it crahses. It takes too long showing the message "updating filtering menu" and crashes when it's going to show the configuration window, It gives a message window with "unhandled exception".

If I enter moving pictures from media portal it seems to do the same operation and finally crashes too.

I have 2000 movies in the database and I don't want to uninstall all and reimport all movies. Bytheway, how can I uninstall moving pictures and reinstall it maintaining the database and covers,backdrops and so on?

I attach the log file.
any idea?
thks in advance.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The log file does not look promising...
SQLite.NET.SQLiteException: SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed

Whenever you install a new version Moving Pictures will make a backup though so maybe all is not lost. On Windows 7 systems the database backups are stored at the following location:
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\MovingPictures_Backup

So my advice would to to try out your most recent backup to see if this solves things. And maybe run a scan on your disk to make sure it is not failing. Also, while I doubt this will fix your problem, you probably should be running the latest version (1.3.1). Moving pictures 1.2.3 is about six months old.

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
Thks ffcorde.
The backup file is the same as the current file. ( I made a manual backup of the file before the update and all 3 are the same). If it is corrupt it was corrupt before the update. But before the update it worked.

I tried version 1.3.1 with the same result.

Then, I opened the db3 file with sqlitebrowser, exported it to a sql file and after that imported it to a new db3 file. The moving pictures configuration open the new db3 file quickly but after the processing nothing appears. The process must be there because if I close media portal configuration the process configuration.exe is still running and I must close it manually.
On the other side if I open moving pictures to execute it from media portal it is working and the content is there.
The final result is that I'm able to run moving picturesto watch movies but I cannot enter moving pictures configuration to run importer, arrange movies or create new filters.

Why is mp configuration not appearing on screen but launching some process ? any workaround?
I Attach the new log here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom