Moving Pictures DB Transfer (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello guys which is the best way of transferring my Moving Pictures settings & DB from a windows 7 installation to a windows 10?

All my movies are stored on a NAS server so paths remain the same.

I decided to go for a clean windows 10 installation and now slowly installing all my plugins on a 1 by 1 basis, but since there are many things that can go wrong i would prefer to make sure someone points me to the right direction.

Could i install fresh Moving Pictures and then just copy some files over it from the old installation?

P.S. I got a full backup of the windows 7 installation so i got access to all the files.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That takes care of the database, but you also want to copy the respective section from the 'thumbs' folder to take care of the artwork.

It should copy over easy though, as I've done it many times myself. Just be sure to install the same plugin version first, and do any 'upgrades' afterwards if a new version has been released in the meantime.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi @RoChess

Could u also point me to the IMDB+ config/settings file so i could transfer this one as well.
    Thanx in advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Kotik,

The IMDb+ scraper-script is stored in the moving-pictures.db3 database inside the 'scripts' table, and auto-updated by the IMDb+ plugin when you launch MediaPortal in GUI mode.

The custom configurations on the IMDb+ plugin, as well as any custom rename database entries are stored in the same place as every. The easiest way to get there is to open up your Start Menu, go to All apps, and locate MediaPortal, inside there you'll find a "User Data" link. Open that and look for the "IMDb+" folder (this is also where you will find the "database" folder, and the "thumbs" folder.

On Vista/Win7/8/8.1/10 if memory serves me that would be @ "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\"
    Windows XP = "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"

PS: The IMDb+ plugin settings themselves are stored inside the MediaPortal.XML config file (in the root of that "User Data" folder, and look for a section with the following values:

<section name="IMDbPlus">
    <entry name="plugin_options_sync_interval">24</entry>
    </section>

you can just copy-n-paste that over, but you can also just adjust those with the MediaPortal Extension plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom