Moving Pictures does not detect subfolders (1 Viewer)

Ria

October 22, 2011
Hi!

I'm using Media Portal and with it Moving Picture on my laptop(Win XP) for a while(Moving Picture Version 1.1.4). Everything was/is perfect. I installed everything on my new PC(Win 7) today and now I have a problem with the new Version of Moving Pictures(V 1.2.3).

The movies are stored on an external hard drive in a folder where every movie is in an extra folder. Moving Pictures on my laptop has no problems to detect all movies when giving just the path of the main folder to the Movie Importer. But the Version 1.2.3 on my PC doesn't do that. I have to add every subfolder individually which is pretty annoying. I tried to install the older version 1.1.5 but there is just an error with no text.

Did I just forget to set something up? Or is it just impossible in the new version?

Thank you and I hope you understand everything despite my lack of proper english.

Ria

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Moving Pictures should scan your subfolders fine and not much has changed regarding this functionality in recent versions. Can you please post debug log files from when you reproduced the problem?

Version 1.1.5 is for an older version of MediaPortal and not compatible with MediaPortal 1.2+.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah those are helpful. For future reference though you can post logs on paste2.org or pastebin.com more easily.

I do see an error in your log file though. Moving Pictures is trying to get a list of subdirectories but it's getting a system error stating "The given
path's format is not supported." This probably refers to one of the subfolders. Do you have any folders or files with any of the following characters included?
Code:
" \ / : * ? < > |
Or do you have any extremely long or very deeply nested file paths? Try to think about what you might have changed recently with your file system.

Ria

October 22, 2011
AW: Moving Pictures does not detect subfolders

Ok, I've checked the whole main folder and there was a corrupted folder with a missing path. I wasn't able to remove it in a normal way. It was a bit strange, but now it's gone and finally Moving Pictures lists the subfolders - yay!

Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom