Moving Pictures GUI Importer skinning (1 Viewer)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi Titan Team!
    We are currently discussing how could possible Importer look in your skin and we need you professional opinion.
    1) First of all, there is no place for extra button in MovPics hidden menu if I alsl will have Trakt plugin enabled (screen 1). What will you suggest?
    2) We need to place somewhere some usefull info like status messages, maybe full path to current file. Where it could be placed?
    3) Also need some icons for importer statuses like "pending", "need user input", "commited" maybe similar to those we have in Movpics Configuration. I currently use these (screen 2)
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...iaPortal.Base/skin/Titan/Media/led_yellow.png for need_input status and https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...diaPortal.Base/skin/Titan/Media/led_green.png
    but maybe you could made custom ones.
    4) You general opinion for layout is ighly appreciated
    Thanks!

P.s. Please , don't expect this to be be added today to Moving Pictures as Moving Pictures Team wants to make it perfect in usability (but not me)

@fforde, jump here ;)

Attachments

• 2013-01-08_155229.jpg
      2013-01-08_155229.jpg
      154.6 KB
    • 2013-01-08_161712.jpg
      2013-01-08_161712.jpg
      117.4 KB
    Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Edalex pretty much said it all. He started putting together a GUI Importer the other day and it has begun to come together nicely. I think it already looks great but any feedback you guys can give to make the skin even more usable and consistent with the rest of Titan would be very much appreciated.

J

joostzilla

This importer is a great idea. We will fully support it. I can do the design for the importer if you want. What functionality would you like in the importer?
    Only basic features or most features from the external configuration?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Well, we thought about actual importer only to manage unresolved movies (choose from possibilities and approve one of it, ignore file, manual search). No import path changing etc. Since it is currently WIP you could suggest what you want to see.
    I can give you skin files I currrently have if you want. So you could correct them. Just PM.

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) First of all, there is no place for extra button in MovPics hidden menu if I alsl will have Trakt plugin enabled (screen 1). What will you suggest?
    This can be solved with a second hiddenmenu by using the skin <onclick> function. That means, a "more" button trigger the visibility of a second button group.

Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    This importer is a great idea. We will fully support it. I can do the design for the importer if you want. What functionality would you like in the importer?
    Only basic features or most features from the external configuration?

I think the only major functionality that is missing right now that exists in the config is merging and splitting. The importer itself (the thing this new UI sort of sits on top of) is mostly event driven and is not tied to any specific UI, so anything that can be done in the config should not be too difficult to add here. As Edalex stated, you could currently select a movie to match to a file, choose to permanently ignore a file or enter new search criteria. The first two are currently a dialog and the search criteria is a second dialog (although if you have something else in mind I am open to ideas). It might also be nice to add an action to just play a video file (I imagine sometimes people will not want to deal with matching things properly, just wanting to press play as soon as possible instead).

A progress bar would also be an option, we have a 0-100 integer that could be published as a skin property. We could also make available counts of various types of items, for example the number if items pending, currently being scanned, needing approval, and committed. It would also be possible to separate these different types of items into different lists if you thought this might help to create a more usable UI. One thing we do not have is artwork for unapproved matches, this is not downloaded until a movie is approved. So if you wanted to use posters or backdrops this would not be available for anything the user needs to take action on. I don't necessarily think all of these things need to be on the screen but these are things that could easily be made available if you wanted them.

I will try to post an alpha build tonight or tomorrow for skin designers.

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great stuff, Edalex :)

I think both Title and Year is needed for the "new search criteria" dialog. Oops I see that it already is possible. I'm not sure that IMDb number makes much sense entering from the couch though ;)

How about reassigning a movie that wasn't correctly auto approved? Could it be done?

Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Great stuff, Edalex :)

I think both Title and Year is needed for the "new search criteria" dialog.

How about reassigning a movie that wasn't correctly auto approved? Could it be done?
    There is some code for sending a movie back to the importer but it's stuck in the Movie Manager right now. It could be added if we did some refactoring though.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I will try to post an alpha build tonight or tomorrow for skin designers.
    Sorry looks like the Alpha will have to be tomorrow. I am trying to finalize everything that is already in place and exposed to the skin. I don't want to change skin properties or anything on you guys after you have already done a significant amount of work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom