Moving Pictures import and file path issues after Windows 10 Update (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I was expecting this after your first results.

Can you tell more about those shares? What is behind the path references above?[DOUBLEPOST=1463394987][/DOUBLEPOST]Where is the mediaportal.log - did you actually launch MediaPortal before collecting logs?

Last edited:

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, I just ran MediaPortal and launched some media then generated new logs; both movies and TV series still run just fine. I've used these exact same settings for years and years without ever having a problem. MovingPictures would always routinely acknowledge the mapped drives, import and function without issue. I really do think that this issue relates to MovingPictures and not to my Windows or NAS settings because my other main extension MP-TV Series has no issue at all, it still imports just fine. All of the media for MovingPictures and MP-TV are both stored on the same mapped Y:\ and Z:\ file paths. It's only invalid to MovingPictures.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is working as designed now:

16-May-2016 20:56:15 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'Z:\Hi Res' (Network) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    16-May-2016 20:56:15 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'Z:\Bdmv' (Network) - Path is now being monitored for changes.
    16-May-2016 20:56:15 Info [ MovieImporter]: Started watching 'Y:\Hi Res' (Network) - Path is now being monitored for changes.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Media still appears in red, path disconnected and importer not returning results.

Attachments

• ntwrkng.jpg
      ntwrkng.jpg
      372.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MovingPictures.log is not showing the abvove problem. Can you please provide complete logs where this issue is captured, i.e. at 9:39p?

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That last screenshot shows exactly what's happening. Every single media file is red, selecting any option like 'return to importer' or 'update media info' results in the error message displayed in the screen capture. The importer itself never displays anything, nothing comes up; yet the test file 'RISEN.MKV" has somehow just been imported even though it didn't show up in the import screen. The newly automatically imported "RISEN" now appears in MovingPictures but is subject to the same error, shows as invalid and in red.

There's something going on here with MovingPictures.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
      Untitled-1.jpg
      562.9 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We can't help you if you don't provide logs that reflect the time of the event.

Also, can you give some more inside into the hardware of said shares? Are these NAS, Windows server disks or different? How is it activated, etc..

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Configurator runs in administrator mode, this mode may not be available mapped in user profile disks.

eclathtpc

Portal Member
    December 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The issue I've described isn't intermittent, it's constant. I can't provide a specific time for something that's happening all the time. The two mapped drives are NAS DS411 Synology Diskstations. The NAS units are always running, the 8x 4TB HDD's enter a low power sleep state if unused for an hour; but the Diskstations themselves are always on. I'm not sure how the configuration utility running in administrative mode is relevant unless that's been added in 1.4, in the past I've always been able to utilize the Moving Pictures import function and the current issues have never existed before. Nothing has changed with my setup other than migrating to Windows 10.

MP-TV Series doesn't exhibit any of these issues, yet Moving Pictures does. If the issue was with my hardware, mapped drives or Windows settings shouldn't the issue be widespread across all extensions?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The issue I've described isn't intermittent, it's constant.
    Well, the logs that you provided show the path to be active in MovingPictures - see my posting #13 above.

I'm not sure how the configuration utility running in administrative mode is relevant
    It's not.

the 8x 4TB HDD's enter a low power sleep state if unused for an hour; but the Diskstations themselves are always on.
    Power-up of drives may take some time, however, this should only lead to a delay in responding - not an error message. therefore I believe that the issue lies in a combination of your hardware setup and MovingPictures, where the latter is maybe detecting the online status of your path in a way taht yields "unavailable" while it is not.

I suggest to post your issue in he MovingPictures section of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom