moving pictures & my movies collection (1 Viewer)

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all. i just found MyMovies Collection and have been recently using Media Portal again. currently on the streamedMP skin. i've looked around and seen people having success on using MyMovies Collection with Moving Pictures. Although, i couldn't find how exactly they did it. i created a mymovies.xml export from MyMovies and put in my Movies dir but when i open MP and go to Moving Pics it gives me an error saying there is no movie directlory setup in the config. . any help on this is much appreciated. thank you.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Welcome to moving-pictures! I moved away from mymovies about a year and a half ago and you will find, as I did, that media portal and moving-pictures is a better solution.

From what I remember, you need to configure moving-pictures to look for the mymovies file and covers in one of the config screen. I think it may be the scraper section but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Once you do this, it should find every movie without any issues.

Another thing to note, if you have movies split across seperate files (part1, part2) etc, the importer may treat them as separate movies. If it does this, you can either merge them manually or you can select to have it treat all files in a single directory as one movie.

--
    gs

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    great, thank you very much. so the recommendation is to stay away from mymovies collection and stick with the Moving Pictures fetcher.
    i was just looking for a way to look at the movie details without having to RDP into my HTPC and open MP config to get to Moving Pictures Config. . is there a way to remotely manage the Moving Pictures config and its movie details?:

thx:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom