Moving Pictures - not adding new movies to the Recently Added Movies list (1 Viewer)

craigcurtin

Portal Member
July 23, 2011
Home Country
Guys,

I am running MP 1.2.3.0 on Windows 7 - Sp1 - Moving Pictures (1.3.1:1350)

My media is a stored on a NAS.

When i add new movies to my collection i can follow the logs for Moving Pictures and watch them being identified and added to the database and they all show up in the Moving Pictures area in MP.

However when i go to the Recently Added Movies view i do not see them show up in there. This has been happening for about a month or so- i currently have the filter set to show movies added in the last 30 days.

I can confirm that they do show up in the other views within Moving Pictures - such as Genres, Years etc etc

Anyone got any ideas of where to look for this ? I can post up any logs that you think might be relevant

I am using the follow.it and IMDB+ plug ins

Craig

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    When a movie gets added, the date-added is determined on a MovingPictures setting.

For example you can use 'current' as in the date it is when it got added, but you can also use the date from the mediafile itself.

So if you import a movie with a mediafile datestamp of 2009, then it will not show up in the movies of the last 30 days (using actual date).

Please verify that setting first.

MovPic config -> About -> Advanced Settings -> "Date Added" Population Method -> current/created/modified (be sure to hit 'Update' button if you change it)

craigcurtin

Portal Member
    July 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Fantastic thanks - i checked the setting and it was set to created - i have now changed that to Current and will see how we go.

Thanks for a great plugin and timely support

Craig

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Fantastic thanks - i checked the setting and it was set to created - i have now changed that to Current and will see how we go.

Thanks for a great plugin and timely support

Craig

Enjoy.

The reason default setting is at 'created' is because when you import (or re-import) a 1000 movies that you collected over the years, that they do not all show as added on 'that' day, but rely on the time the mediafile was created. This allows for a more useful way in which the date-added value can be used. But in your case it can complicate things if the timestamp on the mediafile is not what you expect.

So just keep that setting in mind if you are ever forced to reimport your collection, because then you probably want to use 'created' again.

craigcurtin

Portal Member
    July 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Excellent will do thanks. I will report back as i add more movies to the collection and we see what they show up as

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom