Moving Pictures Plugin Trailer Support & TV Remote Letter Searching

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Neild7744, November 6, 2013.

1. Neild7744

Neild7744 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +27 / 4
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hello,

This plugin is good! Very reliable and working a treat...however I do have an issue:

1) When open MP, select 'moving pictures' menu I have a list of movies. If I try to use the pushbutton letters on my TV REMOTE...ie to find all movies beginning with 'R' this doesn't work? I have a standard MCE remote which works fine on both recorded TV and MP TV series plugin searches?

2) I want to download all my movie trailers locally and store them within the same folder as the main movie ie C:\movies\armageddon\trailers\armageddon trailer.flv ...or similar and have a trailers menu available within MP to watch. Is this possible? Or can I like IMDb trailers to my local movie files?

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    There is a new Trailers plugin which will compliment most of the movie plugins for MediaPortal including MovingPictures: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ictures-my-films-my-videos-2013-11-08.122644/

This will allow you to launch the local stored trailer from MovingPictures details screen, it requires skin support which im sure will roll out into future releases of skins.

Note: because you have your trailers inside the movingpics import paths its good to disable them from being imported from MovingPictures advancedsettings, I think by default it filters out samples but you could add 'sample|trailer' so it doesnt get picked up by movpics.

4. Neild7744

Neild7744 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +27 / 4
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Just to complete this thread...the above advice is correct and works well.

1) download trailers plugin and setup config.
    2) modify theme using the attached files mentioned in thread.
    3) re boot MP and job done!

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!