Moving Pictures scans new movies indefinitely (Unhandled error in MediaScanner.) (1 Viewer)

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hello, I would like to report a possible bug or ask for a solution to my problem. I read the appropriate topic about bug reporting, but I don't really want to create a Google account just for this and I am not entirely sure this is a Moving Picture's fault.

Okay, here goes:
After updating MediaPortal from 1.2.2 to version 1.2.3, it crashed on each startup. I could run MediaPortal Configuration just fine, but the application itself didn't run. During this time I noticed Moving Pictures stopped recognizing my new movies, i.e. it did find new files, but couldn't retrieve matches from the internet.

The mediaportal.log show some problem with SQLite database and a few tests later I found out it was a corrupted MP-TVSeríes database who prevented MediaPortal from starting up. That problem was cleared, but I am still left with Moving Pictures being unable to match my movies.

Here is how it looks like when I run Moving Pictures. Note, that it doesn't stop on this one specific movie, it is random:
MovPic.png

I am also attaching the movingpictures.log made with Debug verbosity. I can see it mentions something like this:
Code:
06-May-2012 19:47:06 Fatal [      MovieImporter]: Unhandled error in MediaScanner. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: pattern
  at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, Boolean useCache)
  at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.SignatureBuilders.LocalBuilder.removeNoise(String input)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.SignatureBuilders.LocalBuilder.UpdateSignature(MovieSignature signature)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieSignatureProvider.parseMediaMatch(MovieMatch movieMatch)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieMatch.get_Signature()
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.GetMatches(MovieMatch mediaMatch)
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ProcessNextPendingMatch()
  at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanMedia()

Based on this, I downloaded the newest mediainfo.dll (originally 0.7.54, currently 0.7.57), but this didn't help.
Can anyone help me with this? I can provide more logs/files or possibly applications dumps, if necessary. Thanks.

PS: If it is of any importance, I am using the CSFD scraper located here.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In the past have you tried to adjust your noise filter in advanced settings? This is a regular expression that is used to filter out common unimportant data embedded in a file name. Based on your log file it looks like the database field containing this filter pattern is empty (set to null). As a result when the system later tries to process a file it doesn't have the tools it needs to proceed.

You might be able to solve the problem by populating this field. Go into Advanced Settings and look for the "Regular Expression Noise Filter" setting, it should be very near the top. The default value for this field is below, try entering this value, saving then restarting the config.

Code:
(([\(\{\[]|\b)((576|720|1080)[pi]|dir(ectors )?cut|dvd([r59]|rip|scr(eener)?)|(avc)?hd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|r[1-5]|bd[59]|dts|ac3|blu(-)?ray|[hp]dtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FEST[Ii]VAL|L[iI]M[iI]TED|[WF]S|PROPER|REPACK|RER[Ii]P|REAL|RETA[Ii]L|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATR[Ii]CAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|[Ii]NTERNAL|[DS]UBBED)([\]\)\}]|\b)(-[^\s]+$)?)

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Uuuh, if by Advanced Settings you mean the Advanced Settings button in the lower right corner on the About tab in Moving Pictures Configuration dialog windows, then I can't seem to find that field.

There is only Regular Expression Filter which detects samples of the movies and it seems correct. I don't have Regular Expression Noise Filter in my Advanced settings. I know it should be right under the Tweaks menu according to this post.

Here is a screenshot of what I see. I am using Moving Pictures 1.2.3.1329:
AdvSettings.png

To answer your questions: No I did not edit that field as MovPic is working fine for me with default settings and even if I wanted to, regular expressions are my enemy.

EDIT: Hm, I just noted, there is already a version 1.3.1 of Moving Pictures. I don't know why I have the old one. I always keep my plugins and skins up to date. I am going to try the newest one and let you know.

EDIT 2: Okay, I updated MovPic to version 1.3.1.1350 but there is no change. Movies still don't got matched, there is still the same error in movingpictures.log and I still don't have that Filter filed in Advanced Settings (the only thing that was added to the uppermost Tweaks menu is Delay Import of Write-Locked Files.

EDIT 3: I am trying to solve this and while being Columbo, I opened movingpictures.db3 in SQLite viewer and noticed the following.
SQLite.png
As you can see the database fields are corrupted. My idea is that while importing the movie Quatermass and the Pit, the corresponding cells were overwritten and that is why I am missing the option in Advanced Settings and why the import isn't working. I am now going to open some old backup of the database and replace the corrupted field with a correct value. If I manage to do this, I'll let you know the results.

EDIT 4: Well... semi-success. I modified the database file, but when I wanted to use it, i.e. invoke Moving Pictures Configuration, Media Portal Configuration crashed. But since we now know where the problem is, I just used an older backup of movingpictures.db3 and movies are now importing just fine. I will have to import about 25 movies instead of 7, but that's OK.

So as far as I'm concerned, the problem is fixed. Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. Should you need any more logs or files, I can provide them (I still have that corrupted database file).

Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I am glad you got it figured out. I am not sure how that happened though... I think even with your database it would probably be difficult to track down how the issue occurred, but if you every see something similar again, save off your current logs as soon as possible and maybe that will give us a hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom