Moving Pictures & streamed MP Skin (1 Viewer)

rulezbecca

Portal Member
June 22, 2010
Hello people, quick summer question :D

Upgraded Streamed MP to version 1.7.7 with -Moving Pictures dll version 1.3.0.13.44-

Now Moving pictures scraper (with mymovies.it) start a never ending download of backdrops due to a well known dll bug:
Mymovies.it header HTTP transfert code:
Code:
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
without the
Code:
Content-Length:
field

Thats why Moving Pictures cant understand when the file end (default value = -1 ) and it cycle N times downloading GB for a single Background

PHP:
if (fileStream.Length != totalBytes) {
                    fileStream.Close();
                    fileStream = null;

rtn = DownloadStatus.INCOMPLETE;
                }

This is the old solved ticket http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/issues/detail?id=1073

Now a lot of people need it for the 1.3.0.13.44 moving pictures dll.

Actually i cant correct and recompile the dll.

Any help out?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is fixed in the latest code we just need to push a new release. We have a few changes we want to get into people's hands so I will try to get something published as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.

By the way though, it wont fix this issue but I really recommend you upgrade to the latest version 1.3.1.

rulezbecca

Portal Member
June 22, 2010
This is fixed in the latest code we just need to push a new release. We have a few changes we want to get into people's hands so I will try to get something published as soon as possible. Sorry for the trouble.

By the way though, it wont fix this issue but I really recommend you upgrade to the latest version 1.3.1.

1st of all thank you for the quick answer (y)

Then, the idea to upgrade to the latest stand alone version of moving pictures was the 1st try ;)

But as you already know, Streamed MP plug in got his own MovingPitcures version, for a reason. In fact both (the 1.3.1 MP version and the last streamed mp) trow in a lot of unhandled errors :cry:

So i just have to wait for the new fixed release.

Again guys thanks for your hard work that gift everyone here around with one of the best Media Portal Plugin ever!

see you soon!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The version of Moving Pictures that is distributed with StreamedMP is pulled from our official release, there is nothing custom or special about it. Additionally it is always safe and generally a good idea to upgrade a minor release is pushed out. For example you might want to use caution moving from Moving Pictures 1.2 to 1.3, there are new features and some major code changes. But when the minor version number changes (like with 1.3.0 to 1.3.1) this consists of only bug fixes. There is no downside to such an upgrade, especially when a build has been out for a while.

Last edited:

rulezbecca

Portal Member
June 22, 2010
The version of Moving Pictures that is distributed with StreamedMP is pulled from our official release, there is nothing custom or special about it. Additionally it is always safe and generally a good idea to upgrade a minor release is pushed out. For example you might want to use caution moving from Moving Pictures 1.2 to 1.3, there are new features and some major code changes. But when the minor version number changes (like with 1.3.0 to 1.3.1) this consists of only bug fixes. There is no downside to such an upgrade, especially when a build has been out for a while.

Cool, so while w8ing for the new release with the mymovies scraper fix, im gonna do some debug to understand why i got errors, with the already explained versions/configuration.

Thanks for your time and explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom