Moving pictures, StreamedMP, 3D media logo? (1 Viewer)

Phasio444

Portal Member
April 17, 2008
Hi!

I have MP 1,4 and the skin StreamedMP and the plugin moving pictures.
I would like to be able to see if a movie is 3d or not in the moving pictures list.
Right with the other graphical logos, H.264, DTS etc.

Is this possible?
Maybe when the imorter runs if there are "sbs" in the file it could ad a SBS or 3D logo.
Or is there any way to manually add this feature within xml files or in the settings of moving pictures?

Best regards and thanks for the best media player out there!

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi!

I have MP 1,4 and the skin StreamedMP and the plugin moving pictures.
I would like to be able to see if a movie is 3d or not in the moving pictures list.
Right with the other graphical logos, H.264, DTS etc.

Is this possible?
Maybe when the imorter runs if there are "sbs" in the file it could ad a SBS or 3D logo.
Or is there any way to manually add this feature within xml files or in the settings of moving pictures?

Best regards and thanks for the best media player out there!

I've labelled all my 3D movies with 3D at the end of the filename, so some options on filename content might be needed and/or a 3D checkbox flag in my videos or movingpictures database fields such that it can be manually set if automatic assumption on filename is wrong.

Cheers,
Colin

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would say that "[3D]" would be the best format for filename syntax if we were to scrape something. Often special features are already identified as "[Directors Cut]" , "[Special Edition]", etc in other scrapers. eg. IMDB+ scraper. So if there was to be a format, I would vote for that. I think "sbs" or "3d" might be incorrectly scraped in some movie names I think "[3D]" is less likely to be part of a movie title.

If you are using the IMDB+ scraper you can use [3D] in the file + folder name and the movie will be named as "%movie.title% [3D]" in moving pictures.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ supports the following (this can be added to filename or folder):

(3D)
    (Extended)
    (Unrated)
    (Director's Cut)
    (Alternate Ending)
    (all of the above + ' Edition') ie: (Extended Edition)

[..] or {..} are supported as well

To allow flexibility, you can add ([anything you want]) to a filename and [anything you want] will be added to the title. The weird ([...]) structure was needed to prevent any risk of false positives, and bypass some limitations that scraper-scripts endure.

PS: Forgot to answer original question. The support for detecting if a file is 3D, SBS, etc depends on MediaInfo. If memory serves me, a patch was provided on the Moving-Pictures development issue tracker at Google code, but this might not have made it into the current release yet. MediaInfo is able to detect some data, and this can be stored by MovPic, so that you can then use it for active filters and show icons. The main problem then is if the mediafile you have actually contains usable info, but you can check this manually with the latest MediaInfo GUI app.

Last edited:

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem. . . how to read the mediainfo.dll a 3d movie?
    BR . . . might ?
    SBS impossible ;)
    parameters identical to 2D (resolution/format/codec eg.eg) (n)

alternative :sleep: personal idea/mod ;) in movpic
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/media_info_thumbs.120804/

not everything can be perfectly implemented by the dev's.
    there are too many users, too many different configurations and as many wish - or simply not feasible .
    So, sometimes even test something and try (y)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Problem. . . how to read the mediainfo.dll a 3d movie?
    BR . . . might ?
    SBS impossible ;)
    parameters identical to 2D (resolution/format/codec eg.eg) (n)

If you open SBS media with MediaInfo GUI app you will see that there are a lot of container formats that have room in the header to specify all this extra information. The big problem is that nobody made a standard before it was used by users/applications, so it is a pretty big mess regarding consistency. However there is definatly support in MK3D, AVI, MP4 and MKV container formats and MediaInfo can read this info.

So MovPic can be adjusted to use it, and there is an open ticket/issue at the Google code project side on this.

That still does not solve it, because the person who encoded the file would have to 'set' the attributes, but there are 3rd party tools available that allow an end-user to modify them afterwards, so no matter what there is a solution available.

I actually located a post I made back on November 4th, 2011, where MediaInfo had already added support:

MediaInfo revision 4120 added 3D support via the "MultiView_Count" tag (value of '2' indicates 3D) about 4 months ago for MKV files. The last version (v0.7.50 from last month) also improved 3D AVI support and populates the same tag.

Might also be a good idea for MePo team to add 'mk3d' extension to the default list.

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thus, the mediainfo.dll 3d sbs recognize?
    do not understand what needs to be configured and how?

if there are solutions, it's ok - just wanted to say - not so simple.
    sometimes you have to help yourself

(n) sometimes other "useful" by google translaaator ;)

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my case the "3D-logos" are missing in the directory. I`m using StreamedMP with graphical logos and I have only the 3D logo but e. g. SBS is missing. Where can I get them?
    And in my case when a movie has no subtitle, then no logo appears (at this place it is blank). But I want it like yours with crossed out "cc"-logo. What do I have to do?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom