Moving Pictures to launch external player for Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am struggling a little configuring Moving Picture to launch an external player. I have a bluray ripped to my hdd for testing and I want Moving Pictures to launch the external player. I have enable the advance config and changed "Use Enternal Player" to True and inserted the path C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5 and when I try to play the film, I get an error saying it cannot find the external player.

Any ideas?

MrMartin

Portal Member
October 27, 2005
Use this settings in Moving Pictures Advanced config:

Enable Player Path = C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe
External Player Arguments = "%root%"

The "%root%" is necessary to get it to work :)
Also, you need to specify the player uMCEPlayer5.exe file (like i did, see above)

Good luck!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Thanks, are you using this method to play iso or have you got your films setup in the "file structure" method?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Works a treat. Once I have a machine powerful enough, I will convert them to MVK so I can retain the picture & sound but reduce the filesize. Beats having to enter a disc each time I want to watch a film.

Cheers.

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
You don't need a powerful machine to rip a bluray to mkv... unless you're talking about reencoding. If it's just a remux you want to do (extracting main feature and audio without compressing) that's really easy to do and is more HDD bound rather than CPU bound. Wouldn't take very long. There's plenty of software and tutorials out there to accomplish this without much work (simply extract with your choice of software then remux with mkvmerge). If you don't mind paying a little bit of $ makemkv is probably the easiest to use. Like I said though... there's plenty of options.

Keep in mind that AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4 are all just containers (think of them as zip files)... they just contain the content. When you say you want to convert to MKV you're essentially saying that you want to move from one container to another. If you want to encode though, that's a whole different story (usually you use x264 or Xvid [is this coming back?] to reencode your video).

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Yeah, I understand. I've read up on a program called Ripbot which will re-encode to mvk whilst retaining the picture quality and with the use of a few other programs I can get a 40gb BD down to 8gb with 1080p picture and dts-hd audio, saving of space and works well in mepo (tested a sample mvk) but before I can do this, I need to get a new machine powerful enough to cope with this.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, I understand. I've read up on a program called Ripbot which will re-encode to mvk whilst retaining the picture quality and with the use of a few other programs I can get a 40gb BD down to 8gb with 1080p picture and dts-hd audio, saving of space and works well in mepo (tested a sample mvk) but before I can do this, I need to get a new machine powerful enough to cope with this.

Any computer is powerful enough to cope with re-encoding. The only benefit a more powerful machine will give you is speed. But I assume you sleep, so what do you care if your old computer is crunching away at night while you sleep and converting that movie in 10 hours, instead of 1 on a very fast one.

A lot of encoders also offer pause options for this reason, so that when the encoding job is taking too long and you require usage of the computer again for other things, you can pause the job, do something else and when ready resume the job.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    If you don't mind paying a little bit of $ makemkv is probably the easiest to use.

But MakeMKV is free whilst it is in Beta (which it still is and has been for ages).

Every month the trial key expires, but to recover it, you just need to visit the MakeMKV forum where the key for the next 30 days is submitted by the programmer. Sometimes it takes a couple of days from the month ending until he submits the new key, but this will only result in a short duration where you can only rip DVDs and not Bluerays.

If you use the software a lot, or feel that you want to support the programmer whilst it is in beta, you can buy an activation licence which will mean you don't need to refresh the licence every month.

Robbo100

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I have a ISO of a BluRay 3D movie, how do you recomend to play this movie in MovingPicture?

Do i convert to mkv? or to the "file structure"?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom