movingpictures 0.7 stopped downloading backdrops (1 Viewer)

xalaros

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
ok i have a bit of a problem after upgrading to 0.7, it seems that all new entries in the database don't have backdrops.
i when in the config of movingpictures and saw that backdrop data sources only has local in it, how do i change that? i tried reinstalling movingpictures but get the same problem, any suggestions?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
On the data sources pop-up click the gear and then click reload internal data sources.

xalaros

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
yes, i found that after i posted the message, thanks anyway.
By the way after i enabled TMDB again for backdrops i couldn't find a way to update the movies without one so i deleted them and rescanned in order to get
backdrops. It would be nice to be able to update the movies backdrops manually as you can do with cover art. After all TMDB get updated all the time so more backdrops can be downloaded each day. I don't know if you have an automatic update running as a service when mediaportal is running but it would be nice to have one so more backdrops can me downloaded till the maximum limit is reached for all movies in the database.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There is a background artwork loading process that runs when you first launch Moving Pictures, just as you describe. So every time you launch, if you have any movies that are missing artwork (covers or backdrops) they will automatically be pulled. For what it's worth, we also plan to significantly enhance the backdrop logic in the near future (probably with the 0.8 release). We do realize this is as clear as mud right now though and we will be working on enhancing the whole backdrop management aspect of Moving Pictures in the future.

xalaros

Portal Member
September 14, 2007
Home Country
Greece Greece
thanks for the quick reply, i am looking forward to every release of moving pictures, i am also a user of xbmc and i really think that the menu inside moving pictures while mediaportal is running could learn a few thinks from there. At least i hope there is a plan to move some of the functionality of moving pictures config to a menu inside moving pictures.
Another really nice feature i am looking for in both xbmc movie manager and moving pictures is being able to get info from multiple sources and then decide which one to keep at least for movie synopsis since many times imdb synopsis comes up black for many movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom