MovingPictures: Hang at retrieving details (connection fails) ? (1 Viewer)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks i give it a try tomorrow when i have some more time, its not scary i understand what u mean.
I cant remember what triggers the bug, installed imdb+ a long time ago and played with it and forgot it.
Movies where imported correctly so no need to look at it anymore.
I always use extension manager to look for updates but cant remember when there was one for imdb+ ?
I remember a moving pictures update but not together with imdb+ afaik.
I think the problems begon (at my side) somewhere around the 1.23pre install.

Hope this Helps maybe a little.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, I've never been able to pin it down either, and all the changes since initial release have been mainly to scraper-script and rename-database. Once bugs in plugin were fixed and it would simply auto-update those two files I've never had a big reason to release a new plugin. Then my development environment for personal projects took a dump, so that totally stalled everything as there always seems to be a shiny new object to distract (or busy, tired, lazy lol).

Got a reminder note set for the weekend though, so instead of binging a TV show, I'll mess with the code.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well....
    The db editor looks a bit different as your description, newer version i guess :)
    Got 260 records :( and all lines had <ScriptableScraper> only, and had to click on 3 ...
    To open the record.... but found it, changed it and refreshing movies is now 1 or 2 seconds :):)(y)(y)(n)
    Sending artemis fowl back to importer.... A match is found and covers are downloaded (took 5 sec) (y)(y)
    Nailed it......
    Found alot of old scripts from imdb+, can i delete those? Or do i get a corrupted database.

Thank you for fixing my problem :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah you can delete those old ones, as I do it on occasion myself and it has no impact.

That is one of the things on my ToDo list for the plugin to delete all the old scraper-script entries except perhaps for the previous one, so at all times there would only be two IMDb+ scripts (current and previous as a backup). There is no limit though except for a tiny bit of storage space, so there's still a bug somewhere, but having a clean scripts table just looks better if you ask me.

If you look the 2nd column has an ID value that is then used in the lookup table and matches the scraper-ID value on each movie entry.

That way you can have multiple scraper-scripts active with each assigned to the movies they imported, so that a refresh goes via that scraper-script.

It's the reason I added the "Force IMDb+..." option, so that any movie with an IMDb-tt-ID number assigned can be switched over to rely on the IMDb+ scraper-script instead to get a uniform experience. That way any movie that got imported by TMDb or IMDb default scraper-scripts will refresh via IMDb+ when you do it individual or at mass-scale.

The MovPic configuration has a special option to manually force it to another scraper-script via drop-down box options, but this does not exist in GUI.

PS: The reason it took 5 seconds is probably because you got debug/scraper-script-debug active, so once you are happy with results, disable those and try again, and things should be smooth sailing and hopefully towards 3-seconds. Verify the logs though, because for example RottenTomatoes might still be active, and unless you were lucky enough to get an API key that didn't get disabled, then the IMDb+ script might be wasting time trying to obtain info when it should just skip over it (which you can just adjust option for). I'm tempted to just write a script to harvest every RottenTomatoes movie-ID and create my own map to the IMDb tt-ID and then rely on my own server to create a proxy bridge the way I do for the Dutch MovieMeter (in their case it is to make proper API calls to their site while keeping API key info hidden from the open-source project). That would also allow me a solution again for Swedish users when their lookup proxy stopped working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom