MovingPictures Import Export GUI (1 Viewer)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The tool was designed for Media Portal version 1.x, and is not certified to work with Media Portal version 2.x. There are no plans to support version 2.x either, at least in the immediate future.

As for the "standard", that depends on who you talk to. The XML format the tool utilizes was designed around the Moving Pictures database schema. There are features within Moving Pictures that are not supported by the standards that you mentioned. The tool was designed as the name implies - for Moving Pictures data.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i dont know how complicated is it, but can you create also a standard (XBMC) xml. this would be great, i could take my complete collection to mp2, also the watched status :)

Last edited:

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can you say something to it. could you create a xml with the other format (especially the watched status, so that i get this to mp2)?

BIP-BUD

Portal Member
    February 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi there

Just tried to use this tool, but having some problems during import (export is working fine).
    After I hit find Movies (Import section) and choosed the folder where all the xml files are, I can see, that the system is working.
    However after a while I get the following error message:

API7101E - An error occured while trying to process the "MPXProcessor.GetMovieItemsFromFolder" methode.

API7101E - An error occured while trying to proceed the ""MPXProcessor.GetMovieItemsFromFolder" methode.

Error in XML-document (27, 16).

I have almost 2000 movies and if I try the "find Movies" with only a few XML files in the related folder, everithing is working fine (less than 60 xml files, sometimes even less).

I tried the above also on different computers with different operating systems and ram size (Win8, Vista, Win7) but with the same result.

Here some additional information if needed:
    - MP Import / Export GUI version 1.0.14.0
    - Mediaportal version 1.9
    - Moving Pictures version 1.7.2.1582

Hope to get it working as I have moved my collection and the import Path Mapping seams to working great (could only test with a few files).

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks in advance for any help and hints.

Regards
    Peter

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Peter,

The "Error in XML-document (27, 16)" indicates there is an issue with one of your MPXML files that was generated by the export. Please PM me the xml file in error and I will have a look. You should be able to determine the xml file in error by where the error message appears in the processing log.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi thlucas,

can you say something to the watched status? Could you please create a release, that could be reading by mp2.
    This would help me (and other user) to get that data to mp2 :).

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    I just want to say thank you for your awesome work. I've been actively avoiding upgrading MP, mainly due to the amount of time it took to re-sort my large movie collection. Using your extension couldn't have been easier. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom