[Mp 0.2.0.0] Nova-t does not work anymore (1 Viewer)

joecas

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.2.0.0 Rc1
Skin: Mce
Windows Version: Mce
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 1 Gb
Motherboard Chipset: Intel
Video Card: Ati 9600
Video Card Driver: Lastest
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Last Dscaler
Audio Codec Type & Version: Last Dscaler
TV Card: nova-t Philips old model
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: Mce2005New

Synopsis: With this new release my nova-t does not work anymore.
The setup says "this device does not support auto tune".
With version 0.1.3.0 it works fine.

wierdnatox

Portal Member
January 8, 2005
I've got the same card as you and don't have the same problem. I'm not using 0.2 yet but I have got one of the latest CVS builds. I take it your card comes up as a Technotrend device in the list. I think there may be a few variants of this card in the capturecarddefinitions.xml file, so it may be that the version you are using is incorrectly defined in the XML.

Can't be any more help i'm afraid, I'm at work and then going on holiday for 2 weeks, but hopefully that snippet of info might help you and/or the developers track down the problem. Good luck

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
Just install the 0.2 and update with the 19:21 CVS. Launch the wizard and then the configuration.exe.
All seems ok.
Exit the configuration program and then launch MediaPortal.
My Nova-T work fine. All the channels are here and work well.

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
explain clearly your problem, detail how are your channels defines and map to your tuner, etc... etc...
Have you remove previous version ? Do you have previous version ? Have you done a clean install ?

"does not work" without any detail... what do you expect ? Nova-T work since the beginning and still work for now.

0.2 is just a release candidate. Look the homepage. There is a news which explain that this release is an untested/unfinished version and is purely meant for the testers so they can report/spot bugs" and explain "How to report 0.2.0 rc1 bugs...".

I don't thing that a thread like this one does help :wink:

archaos

Portal Member
October 10, 2004
ok, you re right.

i deinstall previsous version of mediaportal (0.1.3.0+cvs), then i install the 0.2 rc1 with the installer. i did an update with the new cvs (overwriting files and launch start.bat). then i launched mediaportal and couldn t switch on the tv. so i looked in the setup, tried to delete and to add again my nova-t, it said there is a graph pb. my nova-t worked with all previous version of mediaportal. perhaps it s a bug because of this unstable 0.2 version but it seems to work for everybody but not for me.

sorry for my awfull english ... but it is the longest english text i have never written.

thx for your concern

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
In case someone has missed this, this is from the news section of the mp homepage

"This release is not stable for Digital TV owners, if you require stability stick with the 0.1.3.0 release."

/Peter

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
I can confirm the bug also in RC2 CVS as of 05-09-05

NOVA-T 90002 revision is unable to build graph during TV configuration. I suspect those that have manage to get it to work are using the older Technotrend versions of this card.

I will try to see if I can narrow down the problem with dx graph edi. I have check previous release CardDefinitions.xml and all are the same for this card revision, so as far as I can tell it's not that.

Currently trying with the Non-CSS Intervideo (comes with the card) audio and video codex and the Dscaler filters in VMR-9. (exactly the same set-up I had on 0.1.3.0 cvs which are stable.)

Happy to assist the devs in testing this card revision further if required.

Flipit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom