MP 0.2.3.0 RC3/MyFilms v4.2.6a SVN Keeps asking to Insert Disc? (1 Viewer)

Shirazi

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello guys, I was wondering if you could help me...

I’m using the ‘MesFilmsv4.2.6a_SVN’ plug-in with MP 0.2.3.0 RC3 and Ant Movie Catalogue 3 (as the XML creator)

I had the above software installed on my local machine for testing purposes and everything worked great, however now I’ve installed it on my actual HTPC I’m getting the “Please Insert No. xxx Disc” when I try and play a movie that has more than 1 disc (e.g. 1.4GB DVD backup Rips) If I simply ignore this error and click “OK” the two discs scroll onto the screen as normal and they play fine, How do I get rid of this annoying message?

This is strange as the settings are exactly the same as when I was running the software on my normal PC, below is a screenshot of the of the ‘MyFilms’ plug-in config.

untitled1.jpg

P.S. As this is my first post, I would just like to offer my sincere thanks to the Media Portal Team and the creators of This fantastic Plug-in :D

yatesd

Portal Pro
April 30, 2007
Which skin are you using as this is probably a Skin issue and not a Plugin problem.

I seem (could be wrong) to remember reading something similiar with regards to the XFace skin and the DialogStacking.xml which was fixed in an XFace thread.

Shirazi

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
Hello, thanks for the reply, I’m currently using the default skin that comes packaged with RC3, “Blue” I believe. :confused:

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Where are stored your movies files ?
With your configuration, the plugin search the corresponding file in the URL (address WEB) of your ANT database. If it cann't found it there, it'll search in C:\movie catalog (Path for Movies file search). Do you put your files here ?

Shirazi

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
I store all my movies in a separate partition e.g.

S:\Movies\MovieNameXCYZ.avi

I specify the above path in the URL field of Ant Movie Catalogue.

MyMoives plug-in works great if there is only ONE movie file to play, but when there is 2 or more then it asks me to insert disc no xxx, If I then click okay, the two CD’s scroll onto the screen as normal and I can play the movie.

I would like to get rid of this message requesting for disc xxx, before the cd’s scroll onto the screen.

I have also noticed when there is more then 2 movie files, nothing happens at all. i.e. no disc’s float onto the screen…

Lastly, is it true I can make a playlist of 2 or more movies and specify this in the URL filed of Ant Movie Catalogue? What do I use to make a play list, Windows Media Player or Winamp?

Again, thanks for the help… :)

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
yup

i've been having the same issue recently. since i installed rc3 i think. totally sucks.

Hakon_H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also have the same issue.
    But renaming files like "movie part1.avi", "movie part2.avi",
    "movie part3.avi" to "movie cd1.avi", "movie cd2.avi" and "movie cd3.avi" seems to do the trick.

You have to remeber to edit the url field in ANT Movie Catalog to only include the first file (movie cd1.avi) MP finds the two next automaticly.

But I can not make a m3u playlist file work with more then two part movies files.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    MyMoives plug-in works great if there is only ONE movie file to play, but when there is 2 or more then it asks me to insert disc no xxx, If I then click okay, the two CD’s scroll onto the screen as normal and I can play the movie.[/B] :)
    If you have more than one file , you have many solutions :
    1 - name your movies files MyMovie-cd1.avi, MyMovie-cd2.avi... In that case, you only need to put the first file in the URL item of your database
    2 - if your files aren(t named like describe above, you can put in the URL item all your movies files separated by a coma ','. Ex: Mymovie-part1.avi, Mymovie-part2.avi,,Mymovie-part3.avi,otherfile.avi
    with that example, the plugin do a playlist with those 4 movies.
    3- you can do a playlist (.m3u text file) with a list (max 15) of files :
    ex Myplaylist.m3u :
    Mymovie-part1.avi
    Mymovie-part2.avi
    Mymovie-part3.avi
    otherfile.avi

NB : all files must be on HDD, if some files are on CD, no asking for mounting will be done :sorry:

Hakon_H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you have more than one file , you have many solutions :

3- you can do a playlist (.m3u text file) with a list (max 15) of files :
    ex Myplaylist.m3u :
    Mymovie-part1.avi
    Mymovie-part2.avi
    Mymovie-part3.avi
    otherfile.avi

NB : all files must be on HDD, if some files are on CD, no asking for mounting will be done :sorry:

Hi zebons.
    I tried making a playlist like your example shows. I named the movie "Mymovie-part1","Mymovie-part2","Mymovie-part3",

Created a m3u file called "Myplaylist.m3u" with the below input:
    Mymovie-part1.wmv
    Mymovie-part2.wmv
    Mymovie-part3.wmv

Mp still only gives me the option to choose 2 disk.

What Am I missing? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom