MP 1.0.1 can't enter into standby mode (1 Viewer)

furynick

December 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: Intel E7300
HDD: Maxtor 40Go + Maxtor 500Go
Memory: Corsair XMS2 Cas4 2Go PC6400
Motherboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Video Card: GeForce 9400 (MCP7A)
Video Card Driver: 180.48
Sound Card: RealTek ALC889A
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 20.08
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400iDT
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.283a
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia PureVideo
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD135
Cooling: Spire Fourier IV
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II-380
Remote: Logitech Harmony 885
TV: Philips 32PF7520D
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Since I migrate to MP 1.0.1 MediaPortal refuse entering standby mode by pressing remote power button. This worked well in MP 1.0.

When pressing power button TV Service seems to crash and MP display the dialog "connection to tv server lost"

Logs attached.

Thanks for your help.

wawa79

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Niort
Home Country
France France
Hello,

I experience the same : TV server crashes both when I press the On/Off button of the Htpc and run the "Hibernate polite" in Girder .
I don't know much about MP but it seems to be caused by XmlTV that reports a bad date. See TV.log :
2009-04-18 10:40:49.725922 [Powerscheduler Suspender]: XmlTvImportWakeupHandler.GetNextWakeupTime 01/01/0001 00:00:00

I just hope the Standby feature of MP can be fixed soon also !

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I use the basic plugin "PowerScheduler" for the client and the server, both set-up correctly.
Everything worked fine until yesterday when I had suddenly the same problem, same error message when trying to put MP in sleep mode.
(on my side I'm on Vista SP2 and MP 1.0.2).
I also found in the tv.log that it tried to do something with xmlTV before the error message. I checked the xmlTV plugin and found that the set-up time to run it was the current time, which was not ok because I defined it to be run at 20h00 every day. In the past I have remarked that this time is sometime automatically changed for an unknown reason. I put it back to my original setting and then, everything went back.... automatic sleep mode is back...
So I suspect that MP tried to run xmlTV when doing a sleep or hibernate and that makes the process crash.
What needs to be corrected is that automatic time update for xmlTV!
I have scheduled a recording for tomorrow morning so I will see if auto wake up is back too.
I'll let you know.
Bye

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Yes everything is ok and back to normal. MP is correctly going to sleep mode and wakes up correctly. Recordings are going well.
So everytime I open and edit the server configuration I need to double check the value of the xmlTV plugin timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom