MP 1.0.1 HD TV Stutter/Tearing (1 Viewer)

thrilled

Portal Pro
October 30, 2008
Greetings,

I am in need of your help here..

I have a strange problem that I can't recall that I have had before with earlier versions. I have made a clean install of Vista Ultimate with SP1 and have all requirements for MP 1.0.1. I have installed Mediaportal. Everything works really well except two things.

1.) Movies
2.) HD TV

In this thread I will discuss the problem with the HD TV though.

First of all I should say that all SD channels are working just perfect. The HD channels are working as well with very crisp and goodlooking picture. The problem I have is as soon a HD channel moves the camera a bit fast horizontally or vertical (problems most obvious with horizontal camera movement) then the picture becomes stuttering/tearing. And as soon the camera i slowing down then the picture again is perfect. So as soon there are fast movements on the HD channels then I experience the stuttering/tearing. I recall this was better when I was using 1.0 although it wasn't perfect then either.

Maybe there are some things I have forgotten that can improve the problem I am experiencing.

Thanks in advance! :D

Sincerely!

/Thrilled

TV-Server Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1
CPU Type: Core 2 at 3.3Ghz
HDD: 1TB WD
Memory: 4 GB
Video Card: Nvidia 7800GTX
Video Card Driver: Latest Nvidia WHQL driver
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WINTV Nova S2 HD
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia PureVideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAvc
TV: Sony W4500 52"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tearing under Vista is usually caused by the fact that AERO is disabled.

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    Thanks for the advices... will check the thread you linked.

Also just to be sure...

To activate Aero I have right clicked on the desktop, then choosed personalize. Then Windows Color and Appearance and there I choosed Aero. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

If not then it is active.

Sincerely!

/Thrilled

Kimjor

April 19, 2009
    If your window tops are 'see through' and your taskbar as well, then Aero is enabled. If they are full color Aero is off.

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    They are...so that box is now checked and still the problem persists. :p

** UPDATE **

Now the HD channels are very smooth and no stuttering at all... The only change i have made was to install PowerDVD Ultra 9.. I was planning to try some of the codec that comes along with that software. Now without a single change in my mediaportal configuration the HD channels are very smooth and a totally different experience from before.

Feels really strange... my only conclusion would be that some dll's or alike have been exchanged during the installation of PowerDVD.

Would be nice to have this verified if it was just a random luck event of if this will help others with the same issues as I had.

Best Regards!

/Thrilled

thrilled

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2008
    If I get this verified in some way then I can enter a fixed tag to this thread as well.

Best Regards!

/Thrilled

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom