MP 1.0.2, XFace1.9 and Moving Pictures 1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

graham.reeds

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When I enter Moving Pictures (v1.0.0.948) I get an error message saying "Skin does not support categories" however I don't use categories, they are not enabled in the plugin options.

I am posting here to let the dev's know. I have already posted in the XFace forum as I am unsure as to whose fault this is:)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well the problem is you are using a Beta version of Moving Pictures that is not yet supported by XFace. You should either try one of the skins that currently supports Moving Pictures 1.0 (listed here), or downgrade to 0.7.5. Sorry for the troubole, but this is one of the reasons we are releasing an early Beta, to give skinners a chance to add support before Moving Pictures 1.0 Stable.

graham.reeds

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
I know this is the XFace forum but the one I posted there was deleted.

I installed the Moving Pictures 7.5.681. When ever I click config the Moving Pictures application kills MediaPortal Configuration - no error message, just the 'Please tell Microsoft about this problem' appears.

There's no uninstall option for Moving Pictures and I've had a look for a config file for Moving Pictures but didn't see one with a cursory look around the MP directory. Where is the Moving Pictures config and would deleting it fix the problem I am having?

Thanks, G.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Did you upgrade to 1.0 then try to install 0.7 on top to roll back? If so you need to delete your 1.0 database file and copy in your 0.7 backup. On the Start Menu under the MediaPortal folder there should be a shortcut called "User Files". Click this. Open the databases folder. You should see a backup folder here. Open it up, and copy the movingpictures.db3 file you find, into the original databases folder, overwriting your old file.

This will effectively roll your database back to the 0.7 version.

graham.reeds

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Unfortunately there isn't a backup folder (or any folder) in there. I will back up the db3 file, delete it and see if that fixes it.

graham.reeds

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
That sorted it. Renamed the db3 file and restarted the importer. Took the opportunity to do a bit of house cleaning on some of the files too:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom