MP 1.1.3 Cam limit not respected (1 Viewer)

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi riksmith,

here are my logs. I restarted te server and tuned to channel "la une" which is scrambled. Worked perfect. Than I start to record the current programm. As soon as I change to the channel "la deux", which is on the same transponder, the same card tunes to this channel and so the recording is broken, because my cam module can only handel 1 stream at the same time. (See picture). As the cam limit is set to 1, it should tune to the second card, but as mentionned befor this does not happen. When I tune to a channel that is on an other transponder, it will tune to my second card.

Hope this helps and you can provide a fix.

Thanks

Django

Attachments

• Cam limit.png
    Cam limit.png
    30.1 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi riksmith,

here are my logs. I restarted te server and tuned to channel "la une" which is scrambled. Worked perfect. Than I start to record the current programm. As soon as I change to the channel "la deux", which is on the same transponder, the same card tunes to this channel and so the recording is broken, because my cam module can only handel 1 stream at the same time. (See picture). As the cam limit is set to 1, it should tune to the second card, but as mentionned befor this does not happen. When I tune to a channel that is on an other transponder, it will tune to my second card.

Hope this helps and you can provide a fix.

Thanks

Django

Thanks for the logging! The weird thing is that i am missing some logging. Are you able to compile yourself? Perhaps we can add some logging.

Ooh btw: Is your channel marked as FTA in your channel setup? Having the channel setup as FTA seems to be the only code path without logging

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Stupid question from me, that is present in your logs! :oops::oops::oops:

The channel is flagged as FTA in your setup. That is where it is going wrong. You should check that the channels that are encrypted (whether you can decrypt or not) are NOT marked as FTA.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rik
    The incorrect FTA flag might be because the channel is encrypted at the ES level. Something to keep in mind for the scanning rework we were discussing. ;)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Rik
    The incorrect FTA flag might be because the channel is encrypted at the ES level. Something to keep in mind for the scanning rework we were discussing. ;)

Could be, at least we know how to correct it manually.

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Rik

es level?? can someone explain what does this mean?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    riksmith
    Yes, I can compile myself, so if you have something to test... I'm your man. :D

And yes you are right about the channels, some of them are marked as fta, I will try to change this and do another test. Will give you feedback.

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    So, I changed my encrypted channels to non-fta and .... it works!!! Great. Now the cam limit ist perfectly respected and it works as designed. :D

Now I remarked another problem. Sometimes the server complains that the cam module is not ready. This happens only when I check the "allow this card for epg". When I leave it unchecked everything works. In the log I can see the following entry: knc: Iscamready:false. I have to restart the tv-service and then normaly the problem goes away. Any idea what this could be?
    Another thing is, but I think this is only cosmetic, when I open the ci menu in the tv-configuration of the first card, this works fine, then I go to the second card and than nothing happens when I push the open button. I have to close the tv-config, re-open it, and then it works. But only for 1 Card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom