[confirm] MP 1.1 RC3 BUG: No manual timer possible (1 Viewer)

bugmenot

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 RC 3
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Win 7 Prof x64
CPU Type: inetl i5-750
HDD: 3x 2 TB
Memory: 8 GB DDR3-1333
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D Pro
Video Card: ATI Radeon 5750
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.4
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: onboard
Sound Card Driver: default
1. TV Card: ASUS My Cinema EHD2-100
1. TV Card Type: analog, DVB-T

Hey, I've got the following Problem:

Several times I tried to create an timer manual without the use of the EPG. So i made all the input by using the "TV"* => "Timer"* => "NEW"* => "advanced"* option. No matter what i choose (1 time recording, Bitrate, Quality) the timer does not complete, means: after programming the timer it is not there! No timer was created by the Programm.

Note: by selecting "quick recording"* the timer is created...

I used a completly new installed MP on 2 fresh systems...both hat this error

* NOTE: The captions of the buttons may differ a bit, because i'm using the german version...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have just set a recording in this way, and it is showing up in scheduled, but not in the EPG. I will report back to tell you if it actually records.

Since nothing is shown in the EPG, there is a bug. However, possibly not the one you have reported.

Best wishes,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I can confirm that the recording I set has started at the correc time, so it would seem that the only bug is that nothing is shown in the EPG.

If someone else can check and confirm the exact problem, I will put it into mantis.

Mark

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Hi Mark,

so it's working?
    What exactly did you do?
    i tried one more time...

=> TV => Scheduled => New => Advanced Record => [selecting a channel] => Recording Type [ONCE] => sel Date [ex. 1 day in future] => [sel. start time] => [sel. duration] => Quallity: [constant bitrate] => [default]

then the window is getting closed and i get the "scheduled recordings"-window. Bit it still does not show the recording i planed just seconds ago.

Controlling the MediaPortal Server configuration under schedules: No entry, too.

I also tried to run MediaPortal as administrator, but no changes...still no timer :/

Notice: Timer made by EPG work fine...
    I use MySQL instead of MS SQL. Maybe thats the problem? But i don't think so... :(:confused:

regards 2u

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi Mark,

so it's working?
    What exactly did you do?
    i tried one more time...

=> TV => Scheduled => New => Advanced Record => [selecting a channel] => Recording Type [ONCE] => sel Date [ex. 1 day in future] => [sel. start time] => [sel. duration] => Quallity: [constant bitrate] => [default]

then the window is getting closed and i get the "scheduled recordings"-window. Bit it still does not show the recording i planed just seconds ago.

Controlling the MediaPortal Server configuration under schedules: No entry, too.

I also tried to run MediaPortal as administrator, but no changes...still no timer :/

Notice: Timer made by EPG work fine...
    I use MySQL instead of MS SQL. Maybe thats the problem? But i don't think so... :(:confused:

regards 2u

Hi,

I did exactly the same, although I have DVB-T, so I don't have to select quality. I also use MySQL.

Maybe this doesn't work for analogue channels, or maybe there is a problem with your database?

Could someone else please try to confirm this?

Mark

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Mark,
    you've got it! I tried a timer with DVB-T this time and works! The timer is showing up in schedules.

That mean: Programming analogue channel recordings does not work propperly. That's the problem.

Another thing i realized now: 1ve got (as mentioned above) DVB-T and analogue TV in my HTPC. In EPG-mode and in the Channels-window i can switch between the cards (analogue, dvb-t). But in the "scheduled"-window i cannot switch. So i first have to change the channel in the channels window to analogue or digital and then i can do the schedule.

Wheather this is no bug i think this is pedestrian. Why isn't it possible to switch between the channels in the "select channel" window when i perform a timer ???

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Mark,
    you've got it! I tried a timer with DVB-T this time and works! The timer is showing up in schedules.

That mean: Programming analogue channel recordings does not work propperly. That's the problem.

Another thing i realized now: 1ve got (as mentioned above) DVB-T and analogue TV in my HTPC. In EPG-mode and in the Channels-window i can switch between the cards (analogue, dvb-t). But in the "scheduled"-window i cannot switch. So i first have to change the channel in the channels window to analogue or digital and then i can do the schedule.

Wheather this is no bug i think this is pedestrian. Why isn't it possible to switch between the channels in the "select channel" window when i perform a timer ???

What do you mean by switching between the cards? All schedules for all types of card should be shown in 'schedules'. I only have DVB-T, so I cannot check this myself. You'll have to give a really good explanation so that we can confirm and fix this.

Mark

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    well, okay...i'll try to explay it again.

I've got 2 TV cards. One for DVB-T and the other one for analogue TV.
    The cannels are separated into 2 groups (analogue and DVB-T). By changing "channels" and in the "EPG" (both inside MediaPortal) there are 3 possibilities to choose: "all channels", "digital", "analogue" (linke i named the 2 groups). That's fine and ok.

Okay. Now i want to create a new schedule:

=> TV => Scheduled => New => Advanced Record => [selecting a channel].
    In this window i only can choose the channels from ONLY one of the groups digital or analogue. That means only one group gets displayed, the other does not!

Changing the group by selecting TV => channels => [select] analogue or digital and then creating a new schedule gives me exactly just the group accessable i selected in the channels-view.

That's what i ment by saying:
    So it's very difficult to select the prefered channel i want to record from...Why do not "all channels" get displayed by default? Why can't i change the channel group in the scheduler-dialogue?

But don't forget. This (display of the channels) -in my oppinion- is just a design case problem. The real bug is, that no it is not possible to create schedules for analogue TV....for example:

=> TV => Scheduled => New => Advanced Record => [selecting a channel] => Recording Type [ONCE] => sel Date [example: 1 day in future] => [sel. start time] => [sel. duration] => Quallity: [constant bitrate] => [default]

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Does anyone else have analogue and digital and can confirm this? We need this confirmed before I can put it into mantis.

Mark

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I can confirm. Changing channel groups while adding a manual recording is not possible. The issue is not related to number or type of cards. It is related to channel groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom