MP 1.12 Error in Configuration (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all,

Just setup a new Nuc i3 with Win8.1 Pro and MP 1.12
When I go into the Plugins section of the Configuration I get an error stating: An error occurred while loading the plugin MediaTip.Plugin. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded.

Everything seems okay when I click OK so just wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

Cheers.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You will need to update your plugins using the MPEI icon on your desktop.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the reply robbo. I installed all the plugins via MPEI on the desktop. It's also a fresh install. I'll have a look through what I installed as I'm guessing that one of them isn't compatible with MP 1.12.

However, a new version 1.8.0 (June 4) is available, which is marked as being compatible. Logs would show if you have installed the latest one.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I get an error stating: An error occurred while loading the plugin MediaTip.Plugin. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded.
    What further information are you expecting to see? The message says it all: MediaTip is incompatible and therefore not loaded by MP. Uninstall this plugin and the message will be gone.

A new MediaTip version 1.8.0 is available, which is marked as compatible with 1.12. Verify that you have the correct version installed. Please also post logs if you require further assistance.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may want to post logs (debug mode) in order to be able to see what the system is really doing. Actually you always should ;). The majority of questions can easily be answered by looking into the logs.

Regarding MediaTip there also appears a problem with the libraries that Micropolis has been using for his new releases. Some virus scanners recognize them as malware (e.g. Avast), which can lead to issues when downloading.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah. I should know better and should have posted logs :(
    I had never actually used the plugin before. Just installed it to have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom