MP 1.12 install fails to download tvengine package (1 Viewer)

AdeScuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2015
    London
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I'm trying to install MediaPortal 1.12 on a clean machine but the install fails when it tries to download the TV-server component. Have also tried on a spare machine with the same result.

MP-tvengine.PNG

If this has moved for whatever reason I can just update the ApplicationLocations.xml that the deploy tool uses as necessary:
    <TvServer>
    <URL>http://install.team-mediaportal.com/TvEngine</URL>
    <FILE>package-tvengine.exe</FILE>
    <TYPE>Automatic</TYPE>
    </TvServer>

Advice welcome.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you trying to download all files or something? The installation package from sourceforge should already include the TV Server package...

AdeScuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2015
    London
    Home Country
    Guys, that simply can't be the case. The main install page makes it very clear that an internet connection is required as the deploy tool obviously downloads the individual packages needed for a given installation in the background. If you do actually try launching without an internet connection it fails right from the start:

MP-mainscreen.PNG

So, with an internet connection I select clean install as I have had to rebuild my HTPC as the SSD system disk failed, and you can see when the installer gets to the packages that are needed the steps involved are Download -> Install

MP-component screen.PNG

The deploy tool creates a directory within %TEMP% called 'MediaPortal Installation' that it then uses to pull down the files that it needs into subdirectory called 'deploy' so that the required packages can then be installed.
    It leverages ApplicationLocations.xml to point to the source of those packages, so either something isn't pointing to the correct place as per my original post, or the required package-tvengine.exe file has been moved/renamed.

I previously used MP 1.11 without any issues prior to the rebuild, but I don't have those files any more so I'm simply trying to get MP 1.12 installed from a clean start point.

Cheers, Ade

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Guys, that simply can't be the case. The main install page makes it very clear that an internet connection is required as the deploy tool obviously downloads the individual packages needed for a given installation in the background.
    It does indeed list Download>Install, but for sure the entire MP installation is included in the DeployTool installer. ;)

Both the package-mediaportal & package-tvengine are included in the installer. Just open the installer with 7zip and look at the content of the 'deploy' folder. What is downloaded during install, are additional packages like MySQL and VCredist stuff.

AdeScuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2015
    London
    Home Country
    Cool - thanks. I can see what is happening now.

WebRoot actually thinks that package-tvengine contains a threat so was stripping it out:

MP-Webroot.PNG

Was sure that I had already tried running with it turned off, but obviously hadn't fully shut it down.

Cheers for the help (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom