MP 1.13 Stops responding. (1 Viewer)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Media Portal is almost perfect for me! I have a couple of things that I need to sort out. (I am absolutely wrapped with the Logitech Elite remote - I love it although that is nothing to do with MP.)

Sometimes I am unable to delete recorded TV. I am using comskip donators (89 I think it is) and post I have read suggest that comskip is locking files and thus prevent deletion. At the time I note I have several instances, 10 or more, of comskip running. If end task for those then I can delete recorded TV for the most part.

Another is lip sync - it is out and I need to get that together.

The above was all with MP1.12. I have now loaded and using MP 1.13. I am afraid to say that on my system it is unstable (unlike MP1.12). from time to time I will get no response with the remote and at other times I get the dreaded "MP has stopped working" box and I have to restart the PC. This seems to happen when i am using the guide or navigating other menus.

As it is now 01:30 local time I am off to bed soon. I will start MP watchdog and post a log when it next happens.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK I got a lock up this morning with watchdog running - I was using the (Logitech Elite) remote and the screen froze but sound kept running - the mouse was not showing on the screen - I remoted (I use a laptop and Google remote desktop) in and then opened task manger and "ended task" to exit out and this is where I now am.

See attached log file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

Based on your "screen froze" description and the messages in your Windows application event log from as early as 21/12 (with MP 1.12 too) which reference d3d9.dll I would guess that your problems are related to your GPU... but it's hard to be sure of that answer or be more specific than that, because there are no errors or indications of errors in the MediaPortal log files themselves.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your specs says you are using built-in Intel GPU, that's still correct?
    I could not see anything obvious in the logs though it seems you are getting some power management message in there.
    Try disable all plug-in and see if you still have issues.
    Then re-enable them one by one to pinpoint the one causing troubles.
    Try also enabling HID extra logs, that could help too:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for all that.
    I just got another issue - I was navigating the quick guide or whatever it is called - the one you get when I press OK - that screen froze but MP was still running in the background - I had to end task to be able to get response back.

see attached file.
    Will do some more checking.

I am using MS insider preview 11082.[DOUBLEPOST=1451089339][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and yes I am using an i5 intel processor with the onboard GPU - it has been fine in all its use - I can play bluray DVDs ok too. I am using the LAV filters.

video is up to date.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi :)
    Maybe not related but could be nice to test :
    It can be also related to the 'Loadskin' change, an available bin can be tested too -> HERE <-
    I was able to reproduce when going from full to windowed mode for ex.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom