[solved] MP 1.14, Win 10 (64), MCE remote, issues with OS over mediaportal (1 Viewer)

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
Hi,
Just installed new HTPC on Win 10 64 bit with MCE remote, IRSS blaster and MP 1.14.0 pre. All works well, except the operating system seems to process commands from the remote as well as MP (only some). For example, If I hit volume buttons the windows 10 volume bar appears as well as MP's and volume jumps a number of steps. Mute will toggle on then instantly off as both OS and MP do a mute. I have disabled IRSS and this is not what is causing the problem. I have HID selected as the remote.
Any ideas? It is liveable, but a pain.

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
Hi, no custom mapping. This was a clean install on a new PC. Just MP 1.14.0, IRSS on Win 10 64 Bit. I am using the default skin, just changed it from Titan to DefaultWideHD. Now only the MP volume control shows up (not the system one as well), but the volume and mute still fire for both OS and MP meaning volume goes up or down in steps of 2 and mute toggles off/on immediately. I will keep looking and let you know if I figure anything out.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Either way the fix is the same. It probably did not make it to the pre release for some reason.

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Yep, sounds like I will just wait for next release, it is not a big problem, just annoying, everything else works fine.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, sounds like I will just wait for next release, it is not a big problem, just annoying, everything else works fine.
    As stated above you should be able to fix it yourself by removing actions from volume and mute buttons from HID mapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom