[solved] MP 1.15 Client 'Unable to play' live TV or recordings (1 Viewer)

paulot

Portal Member
January 16, 2017
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi. This is my first post. I have been using MP 1.15 for a couple weeks successfully, on a single machine as server+client. Everything works as it should. However I can't get the client version working on a second machine. It installs correctly on the client, and I can see the EPG and the list of recorded TV (after turning off the firewall on the server, but that is different matter for another time). When I try to view a live TV channel or a recorded show, I get the message "Unable to play [numbers and letters]". Any help would be appreciated. Log attached.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There are some errors in 'MediaPortal-Error.log' related to the TsReader.ax component/file i.e. it's not been installed and/or registered on the system by the MP installer for some reason.

Code:
    [2017-01-13 21:02:42,134] [Error  ] [FilterChecker] [ERROR] - TVHome: *** WARNING *** Unable to detect registered filter: TsReader.ax!
    [2017-01-13 21:03:37,583] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    [2017-01-13 21:03:37,739] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

I suggest performing a complete MP uninstall on the client, then run the installer again in full administrator mode (right click on the MP installer file and select 'Run as administrator').

If that doesn't fix it then check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal to see if TsReader.ax is in there, and report back...

paulot

Portal Member
    January 16, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have uninstalled the client, re-installed it as Admin, and still I get the same error, even with the firewall on the server machine turned off. I checked and the file TsReader.ax appears in the correct folder on the client. I have attached a fresh log. Thanks for your help.

paulot

Portal Member
    January 16, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    And as a followup... I have installed the client on a different machine on the same network (Windows 7), and everything works, albeit with the server firewall turned off.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Things haven't changed. You are still having issues with your tsreader.ax:
    Code:
    [2017-01-16 10:01:40,959] [Error  ] [FilterChecker] [ERROR] - TVHome: *** WARNING *** Unable to detect registered filter: TsReader.ax!

paulot

Portal Member
    January 16, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So that tells me what the problem is... any idea how I can fix it? A full deletion and reinstall of the client was not successful.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try a manual registration of the file.
    • Open a cmd window with administrative privileges
    • Enter regsvr32 C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\tsreader.ax

paulot

Portal Member
    January 16, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks. I have tried that (with quotes added around "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\tsreader.ax".) I get this error message: The module "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\tsreader.ax" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent DLL files. The specified procedure could not be found.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That would suggest that there's no tsreader.ax in the folder. This again can only be explained if the installation ran with reduced privileges.

Do you mind posting an explorer screenshot with the tsreader location?

paulot

Portal Member
    January 16, 2017
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here is the requested screen capture:
    Capture.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom