MP 1.17 My Videos list hangs (1 Viewer)

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I just installed MP 1.17 and upon navigating to My Videos on a UNC drive, nothing is shown. Furthermore, MP 1.17 is in a state where it appears to be stuck in a loop as keyboard commands have no effect. I have attached the logs.

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
Just checked your HID configuration and it seems to be correct.

Yes, I know. The issue is the list of videos in the specified UNC path are not shown and MediaPortal appears to have hung. I press Escape key to move up a menu level but there is no response, as though the list of video folders and files are stuck in a loop. The issue is the My Videos page and not HID input.

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
Hi Stéphane, it appears that if I wait long enough (about one minute), the list of video folders and files will be displayed. However, once the files and folders are eventually shown, they are cached and each subsequent access to My Videos will display the list of folders and files much quicker. It appears that one of the new features is caching of the video folders and files and this caching results in an initially slower time to display the list.

My recommendation to the developers, for a future version of MediaPortal, is to use a thread to perform the reading and caching of the files and displaying them, say, 10 at a time while the list is being built and stored in the cache. The thread can continue to run even if the user plays a video file and returns to the list.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom