MP 1.2.2 freezing on every menu selection (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Default
    Windows Version: W7 32b
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050E
    HDD: Samsung 500GB SpinPoint F3 Sata II
    Memory: Apacer DDR2 PC6400 4096MB Passive
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: Asus EN8500GT Silent/HTP/256M
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.8250
    Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5767
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Win/TV PVR 350
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Boxed cpu cooler & 2x120mm case fans
    Power Supply: Standard
    Remote: Hauppauge silver 45 buttons
    TV: Sony KV-29FX20B
    TV - HTPC Connection: (TV) Scart -> Scart convertor -> S-Video of EN8500GT

Hi guys,

Thank you for getting this release out before the xmas holidays. I hoped it would fix some minor issues but sadly enough my system became 'unusable' because of whatever selection I do from the home screen, MP freezes completely - even the top 4 buttons (switch home screen/transparent/exit MP/system menu).
    When I restart, the system enters the last used screen - which is the epg - and here it navigates normally but going to the home screen and selecting something makes MP freeze immediately and every time.
    I did install the xmas theme on the the default skin, went back to default without the theme, turned of MPdisplay2 and eventually almost all the plugins but no difference.

I hope that one of you can pinpoint the problem and nobody else would suffer from this too.
    Thanks a lot in advance for looking into this!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP 1.2.2 freezing on every menu selection

Could you try to reinstall?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Looks like some of the DLLs in the MediaPortal folder haven't been updated. Mainly Utils.dll, quite sure it's still on old version. Do as Holzi says, re-install.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Holzi,

Of course I could reinstall but I was postponing a clean install on my new config for some time until 1.2.2 was released but right now I was hoping that a quick update would work until I have more time next week to do this.
    I also noticed that there are no backup files - nothing in "PrograData\Team Mediaportal" or "Program Files\Team MediaPortal" and yes, hidden/system files are viewable - and since I did not expect it to go that wrong, I did not make a backup. :mad:

Thanks anyway for replying.

Hi SilentException, would a second run of the installation keep my current settings/config because that's why I am reluctant to do it.
    On the other hand, I don't seem to have many other options right now.

btw: nice of you that you are expressing your love for your wife!!!

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I second the "freezing" problem. Re-Install did not help. Clean installing and hoping the Backup from the Backup-Plugin works.

-SuAlfons

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I only get the option to do a fresh install, 1.2.2 is detected and updating is greyed out and even the first time, I did stop the tv service.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Peter2 :)

I only get the option to do a fresh install, 1.2.2 is detected and updating is greyed out and even the first time, I did stop the tv service.
    One suggestion before you loose everything with a clean install, not sure if it will work, but worth a try.
    Go to the deploy folder and try to run the following two files one after the other:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe
    Hopefully the incorrect dll's as pointed out by SilentException will be updated.

btw: nice of you that you are expressing your love for your wife!!!
    Now that you mention it, did you follow the progress over the years?
    When I first noticed it, it was reading:
    <3 I love my girlfriend very very much!
    Then long after that:
    <3 I love my fiance very very much!
    And now:
    <3 I love my wife very very much!
    I THINK somewhere in-between there was also one like this:
    <3 I love my future wife very very much!
    Like you say, great stuff :D

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    One suggestion before you loose everything with a clean install, not sure if it will work, but worth a try.
    Go to the deploy folder and try to run the following two files one after the other:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe
    Hopefully the incorrect dll's as pointed out by SilentException will be updated.
    Hi rekenaar!
    Thanks a lot for that tip, it worked out well like that. :D
    I deliberately quote that solution for the ones that might get here with the same problem - apparently on the german forum there is at least one person with this issue.

One other minor thing that I noticed was that the shortcut icons in my start menu were not correct anymore right after installing.
    I'm just mentioning this so that maybe there is a connection and it contributes to the overall quality of MP.

Regarding SilentException his expression: I had seen something in the past but didn't notice the changes. Nice to see that there are men who say this openly, more love changes the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom