MP 1.2.3: Windows taskbar occasionally comes to foreground during live TV (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I've got an issue where by the Windows 7 (x86) taskbar will randomly come to focus, stealing all controls from MP and leaving the taskbar at the bottom of the fullscreen MP. Pressing the green button on the remote steals back the focus for MP, but its a wierd issue that I can't seem to solve. I've been through the registry settings and changed the default focus time to 0 and that didn't make any difference.

In addition, sometimes it will simply 'lose' focus and the remote does nothing until the green button is pressed, but nothing has changed on screen and MP is still in the foreground.

Both issues occur with either programs running or not running in the background (bar services etc.)

Any help or insights would be greatly recieved as the GAF is slowly dropping!

Cheers,

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Chris

Does this happen outside of live TV as well?
    What processes do you have running?
    What kind of remote is it - standard MCE?

I think the most likely answer is that another process is stealing the focus. Could be wrong of course.

mm

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey MM, good to see you outside of NZ :)

Yup, whole thing seems to occur at random on any screen, it just happens that my GF spends most of her time in that mode. If you recall, the setup is an Mdapi/Acamd decode on Windows 7 x86 with 4Gb of RAM. Process running would be:

TV Server;
    Mdapi/ACAMD;
    MP Client;
    nVidia drivers;
    A bunch of AMD motherboard and CPU processes; and
    IRSS.

Remote is a standard MCE remote (1039), running via imon LCD (IRSS runs in application mode, and the service is not installed). The system is essentially a bog standard windows install but with only IRSS, ACAMD/MDAPI, and MP running.

Could grab the whole list if you want?

Cheers,

Chris

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've had something similar to this a few years ago, my problem was a tray agent for something I cant remember... that anyway stole focus from time to time so I disabled it.

I Windows bring up system configuration and select the Startup tab, there it lists lots of stuff that starts with Windows. Go trough the list and untick what you think might not be needed, reboot and test MePo. That's how I fixed my problem and I hope it will fix yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom