[confirm] MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

using MP 1.2 Alpha and Latest SVN from yesterday, I've realised a problem concerning the Power Scheduler, or I ssume it hast something to do with it:

1. Clean reboot of my htpc everything works realy fine.
2. Going manually into standby through MP Option, everything ok
3. Starting up manually by switching the power button on my htpc, everything nice
4. Letting MP standby by itself by waiting 5 minutes, also everything nice.
5. Waking MP manually from standby... HTPC wakes up I can see MP and... 2-3 seconds after that, doing nothing, MP goes directly by itself into standby again :( !?
6. Waking MP up again... same behaviour, even if i move my mouse MP goes into standby again, after 2-3 seconds.
7. Waking MP up again... same behaviour :(
8. Rebooting htpc, everything nice again the first time going to standby, 2nd time same behaviour again until I Reboot.

Anybody a clue??? That problem is quiet anoying, because when I wake up my htpc (server) using a client with WOL, the second time I do that my htpc (Server) goes into standby directly after waking up and my client says: lost connection to serv er and I have to reboot my htpc (server) and that can take a bit and I have to do it manually :\ Furthermore I have to do it everytime a Recording was done and MP went into standby again, because next time a recording would start MP just goes into standyb, directly after wake up and wont record enything.

This strange Problem occured just in MP 1.2, never had such problems in any Version before.

Logs attached:
View attachment 71139

Anybody a clue?

Regards
ARE2

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please do not post issues here which are encountered with self-build svn code.
    Can not confirm that behaviour with 1.2.0 A release build.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

I'm sorry but as I said, I had the same Issue before in official Alpha 1.2 and I saw that "Disaster" posted an SVN Bug too, so I thought it's okay.

I will reinstall Alpha 1.2 official as far as I'm back home and post again Logs from official alpha release.

PS: It's an clean SVN without modifications and I used the official build scripts. nothing else ;)

Regards
    ARE2

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not seen that issue here either, your logs tells me about something wrong with 3'rd party plugin or drivers since D3DERR_DEVICELOST in error log.

Regards
    Roy

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

Hi Ronilse,

that sounds strange because I used MP in "Debug Mode" to collect Logs, so I think MP doesn't load any Plugins in that case!?But I don't want to waste the Thread with an SVN Bug Report and make MP Admins angry by doing so. Furthermore I wanted to install official release yesterday, but till now no time, work... family ;) But I'll try to do this as fast as I can.

Anyway big THX for your affort, looking into my Logs! I really appreciate this :)
    ARE2

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

Hi,

now I had some time and I reinstalled MP 1.2 Alpha from scratch and guess what? Yes, same Problem as before:

1. Clean reboot of my htpc everything works realy fine.
    2. Going manually into standby through MP Option, everything ok
    3. Starting up manually by switching the power button on my htpc, everything nice
    4. Letting MP standby by itself by waiting 5 minutes, also everything nice.
    5. Waking MP manually from standby... HTPC wakes up I can see MP and... 2-3 seconds after that, doing nothing, MP goes directly by itself into standby again !?
    6. Waking MP up again... same behaviour, even if i move my mouse MP goes into standby again, after 2-3 seconds.
    7. Waking MP up again... this time mp stays on but

It's as I mentioned before, quiet anoying because everytime a client wakes MP after a recording at night, what caused MP into standby by itself after it has finished, recording e.g. TVserver wakes up and goes into standby again the first time, so my client says: connection to TV-Server lost :(

New Logs attached:View attachment 71355

PS: In the logs should be the first manual standby, then the first wakeup followed by the quick standby after 1-2 seconds...

Hope anybody can see something in the logs!?

Regards
    ARE2

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

Have you disabled the inbuilt powersave'ing options of windows?

Hi Infinite.loop, yes... was my first thought on this, even double checked it.

I even deactivated MP's Power Scheduler, because I thought it may be that TV-Server Plugin let's the system standby and after wakeup MP's Power Scheduler goes on and does it too. But nope, makes no change :(

I even checked all the Software running parallel, but there is nothing :\ that could cause such behaviour, especially beacause nothing changed concerning this since MP 1.1.1.

PS: If you need more logs, just tell me please and I will provide as soon as possible :)

:D so far and regards
    ARE2

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

So are the windows powersaving option enabled or disabled?
    They should better be disabled (system will not go to standby or hibernate automatically). MP Powerscheduler has to handle this.

I even deactivated MP's Power Scheduler, because I thought it may be that TV-Server Plugin let's the system standby and after wakeup MP's Power Scheduler goes on and does it too. But nope, makes no change :(
    On a singleseat system (TV Server and MediaPortal installed on same PC) you must have the PowerScheduler plugin runnig on the Server and the Power Scheduler Client Plugin active in MediaPortal.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

So are the windows powersaving option enabled or disabled?
    They should better be disabled (system will not go to standby or hibernate automatically). MP Powerscheduler has to handle this.

On a singleseat system (TV Server and MediaPortal installed on same PC) you must have the PowerScheduler plugin runnig on the Server and the Power Scheduler Client Plugin active in MediaPortal.

Hi,
    Sorry should be more precise. Yes, means: Windows Power Saving options disabled, completely, even for disks and monitors.
    And:
    Power Scheduler Plugin is activated in TV-Server and MP with same parameters.

Thats what makes me so perplexed in this case :\?

:D for the quick reply, regards
    ARE2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom