[confirm] MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

This is odd - really odd. :confused:

So I guess nothing in the logs? Maybe I should activate the extensive Power Scheduler logging or is that activated by default using the new MP debug Mode feature, that I used to make the last logs? Or deoesn't help that in that case?

Regards
ARE2

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

So I guess nothing in the logs? Maybe I should activate the extensive Power Scheduler logging or is that activated by default using the new MP debug Mode feature, that I used to make the last logs? Or deoesn't help that in that case?
    Just to be 100% sure on this:

If you - disable all PowerScheduler plugins (Server and Client)
    • restart the PC (MediaPortal starts automatically i assume) -> after at least 15 minutes, system does still not got to sleep
    • send the PC manually to sleep -> wake it up -> (mp is running) wait -> after at least 15 minutes, system does still not got to sleep
    Correct?
    Then we know that there is not some other application, sending the system to sleep (we had that a couple of times allready).

If the issue seems to really be inside the MP-PowerScheduler, then please:
    1. Post a screenshot of TV-Server Plugin and MP Client Plugin configurations.
    2. select "debug" as loglevel/verbosity in mediaportal Configuration
    3. restart the HTPC
    4. reproduce the issue and write down the systemtime when the false "sleep" occured (makes it easier to go through logs)
    5. start the pc again and use the "MediaPortal Debug-Mode" shortcut to export all existing logs (option 3)
    6. reply here with the description and logs attached
      :D

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

using MP 1.2 Alpha and Latest SVN from yesterday, I've realised a problem concerning the Power Scheduler, or I ssume it hast something to do with it:

1. Clean reboot of my htpc everything works realy fine.
    2. Going manually into standby through MP Option, everything ok
    3. Starting up manually by switching the power button on my htpc, everything nice
    4. Letting MP standby by itself by waiting 5 minutes, also everything nice.
    5. Waking MP manually from standby... HTPC wakes up I can see MP and... 2-3 seconds after that, doing nothing, MP goes directly by itself into standby again :( !?
    6. Waking MP up again... same behaviour, even if i move my mouse MP goes into standby again, after 2-3 seconds.
    7. Waking MP up again... same behaviour :(
    8. Rebooting htpc, everything nice again the first time going to standby, 2nd time same behaviour again until I Reboot.

Anybody a clue??? That problem is quiet anoying, because when I wake up my htpc (server) using a client with WOL, the second time I do that my htpc (Server) goes into standby directly after waking up and my client says: lost connection to serv er and I have to reboot my htpc (server) and that can take a bit and I have to do it manually :\ Furthermore I have to do it everytime a Recording was done and MP went into standby again, because next time a recording would start MP just goes into standyb, directly after wake up and wont record enything.

This strange Problem occured just in MP 1.2, never had such problems in any Version before.

Logs attached:
    View attachment 71139

Anybody a clue?

Regards
    ARE2

Try latest svn and see if you still have problems.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

• restart the PC (MediaPortal starts automatically i assume) -> after at least 15 minutes, system does still not got to sleep
    • send the PC manually to sleep -> wake it up -> (mp is running) wait -> after at least 15 minutes, system does still not got to sleep
    Correct?
    Then we know that there is not some other application, sending the system to sleep (we had that a couple of times allready).

3. restart the HTPC
    4. reproduce the issue and write down the systemtime when the false "sleep" occured (makes it easier to go through logs)
    5. start the pc again and use the "MediaPortal Debug-Mode" shortcut to export all existing logs (option 3)

As soon as I will be Home, I'll do exactly that. Hope that will be today evening ;)

Thx so far!

@Mr. Hipp:
    Did anything change since last sunday 15:00 in SVN concerning Power Scheduler? Because that was the SVN I tried at the beginning of this thread hoping that it'll fix this "problem", sadly it changed nothing, so I went back yesterday to official Alpha 1.2.

I'm just asking because of my rare time at home. Working all day long makes it difficult for me to reinstall MP a lot of times from scratch, but I'm giving my best ;)

Regards
    ARE2

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

Did anything change since last sunday 15:00 in SVN concerning Power Scheduler? Because that was the SVN I tried at the beginning of this thread hoping that it'll fix this "problem", sadly it changed nothing, so I went back yesterday to official Alpha 1.2
    Changes to powerscheduler
    WebSVN - MediaPortal - Log - Rev 26727 - /trunk/TvEngine3/TVLibrary/Plugins/PowerScheduler/

so two changes since then

Oh I see, ok it's worth a try, but at first I'll test with the official Alpha

Thx & Regards
    ARE2

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Re: AW: Re: MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem

Correct?

3. restart the HTPC

Hi,

did it now exactly like you suggested and that are the results:
    1. Disabled Power Scheduler Plugin in TV-Server and MP Client
    2. Restarted HTPC and after start (MP autostarted) waited 15 minutes. Nothing happend, HTPC stayed on. So I let it standby manually then woke up manually and waited again 15 minutes. Again nothing HTPC stayed on.

3. Turned PS Plugin in TV-Server and MP Client. Screenshots:
    View attachment MP-Client-Screens.zip
    View attachment TV-Server-Screens.zip

4. Restarted HTPC and waited again 5 minutes. HTPC went correctly to standby again by itself, then I manually restarted and it happend again. This time right after the screen turned on, it changed to "Preparing standby" Screen of windows and HTPC turned into standby mode, system time 20:26.

5. Switched HTPC manually on again. Waited 5 seconds. This time everything ok again, no automatic and direct standby by itself.

6. Collected logs as:
    View attachment 71400

Hope there will be something in the logs that helps.

Edit: Just now realised, that same problem occures when MP isn't started and only TV-Server is running with PowerScheduler plugin active of course. So it doesn't seem to be MP PS-Plugin specific?!?!

THX & Regards
    ARE2

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Your logs still shows "d3dapp: DeviceLostException" which means it doesn't find a screen to output to or graphics card restarts & again this will not tell TVServer to wait & it suspends again, have you tried to enabled in MediaPortal Configuration -> General & "Restart MediaPortal on resume" to see if that helps?

& how many minutes have you set to wait in home before it suspends?

Regards
    Roy

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,
    Your logs still shows "d3dapp: DeviceLostException" which means it doesn't find a screen to output to or graphics card restarts & again this will not tell TVServer to wait & it suspends again, have you tried to enabled in MediaPortal Configuration -> General & "Restart MediaPortal on resume" to see if that helps?

& how many minutes have you set to wait in home before it suspends?

Regards
    Roy

Hi Ronilse.
    did as you said and changed in MP config the mentioned restart option to "on". Moreover this I installed newest GFX drivers for my NVidia Card, restarted the system and, problem still there like before (system time round abaout 16:27). Furthermore I realised that MP doesn't seem to restart even if the option in config now is checked!?

I've got to admit that it's more and more strange and frustrating, because I don't see why this happens now, especially as it was not a problem in 1.1.0.

New logs attached:
    View attachment 71475

PS: I found this in the TV Logs:
    2010-11-13 16:27:05.843750 [PowerEventThread(8)]: PowerScheduler: System has resumed from standby after a critical suspend
    2010-11-13 16:27:05.843750 [PowerEventThread(8)]: OnPowerEvent: PowerStatus: ResumeAutomatic
    2010-11-13 16:27:05.843750 [PowerEventThread(8)]: OnPowerEventHandler: PowerStatus: ResumeAutomatic
    2010-11-13 16:27:05.843750 [PowerEventThread(8)]: PowerScheduler: System has resumed automatically from standby

But what means "System has resumed from standby after a critical suspend" ? Why critical? And why "Resume Automatic"? I resumed MP manually by pressing the power on button on my htpc!

Edit: Forgot to tell that I configured 5 minutes to wait untill suspend.

Edit2: Thinking it over the restart MP trigger is no option for this problem I think, because the problem also appears when only TV-Server is started without MP :(

Thx & Regards
    ARE2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom