[confirm] MP 1.2 Alpha and latest SVN Standby problem (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Ok,

nobody seems to have an idea concerning this? So I'll try to install latest SVN and check if that will change anything and report back...

... if thats ok for the admins, because I was informed starting this thread that SVNs won't be discussed here!? Or shall I still wait for some days with that, so maybe someone else can have a look and finds something?!

Regards
ARE2

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    There are some changes in SVN which might help you out so try latest & see if it is solved, but when you originally reported the problem i couldn't not confirm even if I was one same SVN as you & when reporting bugs in this section it should be using 1.2.0 alpha & not SVN since SVN is & always has been WIP & will have bugs ;)

Regards
    Roy

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,
    There are some changes in SVN which might help you out so try latest & see if it is solved, but when you originally reported the problem i couldn't not confirm even if I was one same SVN as you & when reporting bugs in this section it should be using 1.2.0 alpha & not SVN since SVN is & always has been WIP & will have bugs ;)

Regards
    Roy

Ok,
    I see ;) So I'll check out newest SVN. If that doesn't help... well, I'll have to live with that "problem" and hope it disappears some time or in Beta or final MP, even if it makes the usability now for me quiet... well... difficult.

Anyway thx so far again :) and regards
    ARE2

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi again,

after a whole sunday spend with trial and error testing by switching through all possible configs I found a solution!!! :)

I just disabled the "forced shutdown (even if prevented by another process)" option in PS-Plugin in TV-Server and MP-Client. Don't ask me why this caused such a problem just now in 1.2.0 Alpha and why this worked since I started using MP up to 1.1.0 !?!

So I don't know if that is really a bug or a timing problem that just occured now on my machine. So I hope that this information can at least help anyone who starts to get the same problem.

And I hope it's an information that can give a hint to Devs if someone else starts to get problems such as this one.

Furthermore I'll test some more the next days if it deosn't occure again, if so I'l report back.

So far thx for the great support and your afforts :) !!!
    Are2

matjam

Portal Member
    September 11, 2009
    For what it's worth I seem to be suffering from near identical problems.

I'm running a clean single-seat installation of the 1.2 alpha.

From a cold boot (i.e. machine was off at mains) everything appears to operate normally.
    Pressing the power button suspends the PC and also wakes it ok.

I have WebEPG set up to grab at 04:00, so Power Scheduler is set up to wake up at that time too.

However, when I come down in the morning the PC is still running and pressing the power button will not make it enter standby. So it has to be shutdown fully and power removed.

Yesterday I also encountered the problem of resuming from standby and it immediately entering standby again.

I'll try and get some logs and upload them.

Cheers,
    Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom