MP 1.2 Beta with 4TR (1 Viewer)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have been running running 1.2 Alpha with 4tr 1.5.3 for a while now and it was working quite well. Last night I decided to do an upgrade install to beta, followed by 4tr 1.6.0.0. Everything is ok apart from TV that now reports missing 4tr_home.xml on all skins. Now I am not sure if this is an issue with 4tr or Mepo and would be grateful if anyone could throw any light on this. Just wondered if it is possible to edit another skin xml to work with the new beta ones. Any advice would be most helpful.

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Works with latest StreamedMp for 1.2 beta and possibly others. Seems like standard skins are not yet compatible with 4tr.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Can you look if the 4TR skin files were placed in Blue3Wide folder (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin)

If so, just move it to DefaultWide folder for the default skin to work.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Appreciate the advice, did work with streamedmp but had a few issues so did a re-install using the standard tv server. Initially not looking too good with random freezes and difficulty handling weak signals or non transmissions, pretty much the reason I changed to 4tr in the first place. Combination of 1.2 alpha and 4tr 1.5.3 has been the most reliable setup in years, so will revert back to that for the time being. Again many thanks for your input.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please contact the 4TR Team for support of their application/plugin. They have to provide the skinfiles required to get it working. Also their plugin must be updated to become 1.2.0 beta compatible as mentioned in the release news.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom