Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The dialog that says "1- Current Program" "2 - Manual Stop"
    WINDOW_DIALOG_MENU_BOTTOM_RIGHT = 2015
    Actions close this Dialog (and most other): MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1
    C#:
          if (action.wID == Action.ActionType.ACTION_CLOSE_DIALOG ||
              action.wID == Action.ActionType.ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU ||
              action.wID == Action.ActionType.ACTION_CONTEXT_MENU)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In default Keymap.xml i see: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1
    XML:
        <action>
          <id>10</id>
          <key>esc</key>
          <sound>back.wav</sound>
          <description>Previous Menu</description>
        </action>
    And dont see Action for Backspace ...

Try to Download default Keymap.xml and simply add this block after ESC block:
    XML:
        <action>
          <id>10</id>
          <key>backspace</key>
          <sound>back.wav</sound>
          <description>Previous Menu</description>
        </action>

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks I will digest what you have said and get back to it in a couple of days. Next time I will post the logs.

I suggested not touching the ESC key, but touching the Backspace key. Those select Backspace and put the same action as the ESC key.

From memory there was no "backspace" (or back) key in the HID "full" map. If there is and my memory is wrong I will do as you suggested although I do seem to recall doing something like that before by adding one but it didn't make any difference.

But! You can try to add an additional action (when backspace pressed) in these windows.
    MiniEPG - Window ID - WINDOW_MINI_GUIDE = 3009 Action like: ACTION_PREVIOUS_MENU
    This Action close MiniEPG - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1

I thought that and the other menu id you gave would have been covered by the "No Condition" option in the key mapping.

In default Keymap.xml i see: MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1
    • <action>
    • <id>10</id>
    • <key>esc</key>
    • <sound>back.wav</sound>
    • <description>Previous Menu</description>
    • </action>
    And dont see Action for Backspace ...

Try to Download default Keymap.xml and simply add this block after ESC block:
    • <action>
    • <id>10</id>
    • <key>backspace</key>
    • <sound>back.wav</sound>
    • <description>Previous Menu</description>
    • </action>

I already tried that and it fixes everything BUT that has been my point all along which is why should I have to modify keymap.xml when the "full" HID keymap should be taking control and keymap.xml not being used

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Thanks I will digest what you have said and get back to it in a couple of days. Next time I will post the logs.
    Not at all, I don’t know how it works, it will suddenly help to solve your problem ...
    HID keymap should be taking control and keymap.xml not being used
    Maybe, but this file is read when the media portal starts, I don’t know how it works later, but if you add this section, then this should not interfere.

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok I've spent way too much time on this but for the sake of other users that are having problems and searching for answers here is the final result.

To clarify this testing has been carried out using MP 1.23 using PureVisionHD Skin and a HID keyboard with MP/Config/Remotes set to HID "full" profile - Enable HID - Use HID keyboard. It only relates to a problem with two Dialogs being able to be closed via HID keycodes. One is the Mini EPG (Window id 3009) and DialogMenuBottomRight (window id 2015). If you are using the "esc" keycode to do this you will not notice any issues. If you are wanting to assign a different key then read on.

I needed to use the "backspace" key so that is what the testing is based on.

Options That Work:
    1. Go into keymap.xml (the original one that still sits in the ProgramData/TeamMediaPortal/MediaPortal) with an xml editor (you can't
    do it from inside MP/Config) and add a "backspace" ( not "back") key (or your required key) with the action set the same as the
    "esc" key.
    ALSO
    From within the MP/Config/Remotes section add a "back" key (or your required key) with all the same actions as the "escape" key

2. OR use the KeyboardInputPlugin if you can get a copy as it's not available under the plugins section anymore. The bottom of post #6 covers that a bit more.

What Is Illogical:
    Having to modify the keymap.xml file to close those two windows when the HID full profile seems to handle all the other windows

Log Files attached showing some of the testing

Attachments

• Keytest.zip
      4.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom