[News] MP 1.3.0 Beta - The Titan is coming! (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On top of Mantis is a line: "MediaPortal - 1.3.0 Beta (Scheduled For Release 2012-12-25)"

No panic, did the big inventors of Mediaportal leave us hanging in any case? For me the answer is definitely no, thus there will be a nice Christmas gift...

So, cheer up folks!

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    people im sure are aware of the date and its possible movement as already happend once before. There just excited about the release and cant wait to see the new features/skin that the devs etc have worked so hard on, i for one am looking forward to its release very much (y)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only problem that i see is that on 21. dez is judgment day...so the release maybe could be too late :p
    Wouldnt it be nice to watch the world explode with MP 1.3.0 beta? :p

Tomibeck

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2008
    On top of Mantis is a line: "MediaPortal - 1.3.0 Beta (Scheduled For Release 2012-12-25)"

No panic, did the big inventors of Mediaportal leave us hanging in any case? For me the answer is definitely no, thus there will be a nice Christmas gift...

So, cheer up folks!

I know that date. But to be honest these dates dont mean very much. Most of the time, the release dates can not be hold. So i was really hoping for an early christmas this year.

Dont take my comment as critic or anything similar. I know that all work on MP is done in freetime. And im really happy with MP and especially the direction it is going. If this project would not exist people like me would have to use Microsoft MCE :sick:

So thanks for all the good work ;)

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Its possible use MP 1.3 Beta with Windows 8?
    Not quite like the windows 8 but the startup time is amazing compared to windows 7.

You know what was amazing? It was if it was possible to start with only the MP was as an operating system, a livecd or another operating system such as fast booting linux

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not quite like the windows 8 but the startup time is amazing compared to windows 7.

You know what was amazing? It was if it was possible to start with only the MP was as an operating system, a livecd or another operating system such as fast booting linux
    That would be great ofcourse, but i don't think that'll ever be possible with MP, redo everything in linux.
    You could however replace the shell in windows, with win8 it's almost like you wish.

1.3B supports win8.

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4054

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Supports is a bit too much said. Lets say you can install it after a warning pops up. ;)
    Hopefully not too much problems will occure with MP and Win8. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MediaPortal is a .NET Application and relies on Windows DirectShow System too. I know there is Mono, a .NET alike framework for Linux and MacOS. But this did not fit all the needs MP has. And on Linux you don't have any DS System at all. So at a minimum you need a complete different MediaPlayer build in. And then you need to port all .NET Stuff to Mono... This is soo much work so it's easier to write something completely new... If you in a need for a MP "Linux client" try XBMC 12. This is mostly compatible with MP (can use MP TV Server for Live TV and all Medias the same way MP did) so you can use both of them in the same network...

An embedded Windows Version will also miss to much stuff, MP needs so this is also no solution.

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

That would be great ofcourse, but i don't think that'll ever be possible with MP, redo everything in linux.
    You could however replace the shell in windows, with win8 it's almost like you wish.

1.3B supports win8.

You say replace shell in windows8? Can you explain better please?
    I only want W8 for fast boot but if exclude metro skin and take "normal" windows like w7

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

1.3B supports win8.

You say replace shell in windows8? Can you explain better please?
    I only want W8 for fast boot but if exclude metro skin and take "normal" windows like w7
    http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/ga...start-menu-and-boots-directly-to-desktop.aspx

See if this works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom