[no Bug] MP 1.3.0 RC crashes sometimes when exiting (1 Viewer)

XTails

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure if this is specific to MP 1.3.0 RC or one of the plugins i'm using but thought this to be the best place to post since it might be a bug or something.

Since a little after i upgraded to 1.3.0 RC i have the issue that sometimes (~50/50) when i exit MP it closes normally but windows still tells me it crashed. Because i have watchdog enabled it's detected as an actual crash and helps me by creating the log-zip. I've attached the logs from an instance where i just started MP, waited a few seconds and closed it again after which it "crashed".

Could anyone tell me more about what's going wrong?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure if this is specific to MP 1.3.0 RC or one of the plugins i'm using but thought this to be the best place to post since it might be a bug or something.

Since a little after i upgraded to 1.3.0 RC i have the issue that sometimes (~50/50) when i exit MP it closes normally but windows still tells me it crashed. Because i have watchdog enabled it's detected as an actual crash and helps me by creating the log-zip. I've attached the logs from an instance where i just started MP, waited a few seconds and closed it again after which it "crashed".

Could anyone tell me more about what's going wrong?

Can you try to disable the plugin MyWorldMap and see if the error is gone? There seems to be a corrupt skinfile for this plugin.
    Thanks!

XTails

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, i tried that just now but it still crashes when exiting. If it helps: the actual crash seems to happen when the UI is unloaded etc. I'm back at my desktop for a few seconds already when the crash is reported by windows. I've attached the logs from after this last crash again.

Any other suggestions or more info you need? Greets

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This does also happen when running MP in debug mode?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Xtails

Logs show failure to access mediaportal.xml for write purposes, have you got that directory (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal) excluded under any antivirus\windows defender settings, weird it is saying in logs file is open in another program, so do as Holzi said, run MP in debug mode (available from your START menu) and see if this is still the case, could be a misbehaving plugin, if it is, then try disabling one by one, until you find the culprit.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Do you have mpextended 0.51 installed? If yes upgrade to 0.53 and the problem will disappear.

XTails

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks all for the quick support!

I tried robyf's suggestion first since i did have mpex 0.51 installed. I've been closing and starting for 10 minutes now and no crashes yet :) I'm pretty sure it's fixed now so it was indeed a plugin misbehaving. Thanks!

No bug then but i guess one of the moderators needs to change status from "confirm" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom